Ideas for novel?

I'm writing my own novel which is told from the perspective of a 21 year old college guy. The main story line I have is that he meets this girl and she goes missing later on. The relationship build up is very slow...

I need some ideas of what to put in between this... I've already got a driving scene in mind where they're driving together in his car..

I need some more fillers.. any ideas appreciated.

(Also note that these characters are normal humans - no supernatural powers or abilities)

Most Helpful Guy

• I am novice at writing, I will spend send 3 years telling you ideas. Giiiiiiiiiiiirl dont get me started. Anyway best stories are those in conflict that grasp an impossible situation that forces change. For an example. Your summary of your story is okay but not challenging but rather predictable. ACTION AND REACTION!! and DISASTER PLUS DISASTER = FILLER Me the fillers are character development and failing. Now what does that mean? When he finds out she's missing hit him with a disaster. Maybe his mother pass away, maybe his friends knows something about it but dont say it to him but to other people, lead the guy to a dead end fast, make him feel like all hopes are lost, his reaction is not give up or maybe to give up, thsts character. Now bam!! Disaster time,

• After his 1st disaster made him stumble he now face with options to be a man on a mission, after that he develops a bad habit that us readers can relate to, then he goes out to be his own detective and search for clues. So filler 1 disaster filler 2 reaction. Kerp pushing the story like thst until he completed the mission.

• Basically after he figure out she was missing he gets a reaction which is chasing her. Filler 1, filler 2, he gets nowhere and his friend is playing games, or his mom dies, or he gets sick or he can't figure out why this could of happen reaction, he may give up or not, filler 3 a clue bring his attion to the drawing board so he acts on it, reaction, dead end and the storyboad lied. Lol. So yeah move story along, build his chacter, make him go through real stuggles and DISASTERs.

What Guys Said 4

• Have the police suspect he kidnapped her/killed her, plant evidence that might suggest he was plotting to killer her and convince the reader that he in fact is a killer, then put a plot twist where he isn't the actual killer, but was framed
    and is wrongly accused

Put a scene where he is doing something, disturbing, I. e. he is at a farm and easily, kills pigs etc, with no remorse, or have his character work at a butcher shop :)

• I don't know they might go see star wars or sumthing

• Netflix and chill

• May a sex scene

What Girls Said 0