Did people ever misspelled your name?

Even my family members could misspelled my name lol I'd be surprised if others could spell it correctly. 😳 and I think the ones that annoy me most is when I'm chatting with someone and my name is so freaking obvious there and they could still spell it wrongly. :3

Says literally all the barista I've encountered 😂
Did people ever misspelled your name?
Sub question :

Most Helpful Guy

• not really. they misspell my sisters name all they time though

and is it sad that i have never had a starbucks?

• Doesn't necessarily have to be starbucks tho, any other cafés?

• i share the name with a lot of people. there used to be 3 other Nicholas' where i live. we used to screw people up because we would always add our name at the end of the sentence while talking to each other. ah, the good old days of year 9. but yeah, my name has been misspelled before

• Thanks for MHO :)

Most Helpful Girl

• lol yeah gosh my name has been BUTCHERED before, but i mean some people can't even pronounce my actual name let alone spell it so i dont use it.
    you can't go wrong with Anna though so i just give them that and it turns out fine, but even then, some people spell it Ana.

-.- i just look at the cup like ok whatever floats ur boat man i won't make a scene over the excluded n.

What Guys Said 20

• All the time. I have a Scottish "Mac-" last name, and people spell it as the Irish "Mc-" ALL. THE. TIME. Doesn't help that I'm from Boston and like 20% of the population was "Mc-Something", haha. I'll keep the second half of my last name to myself, but that has several variations of how it can be spelled, and people get that part right roughly 0% of the time. And people also fuck up my first name when they write the full version. I'm Steven with a "V", but more often than not, people write it out as Stephen with a "PH", and it drives me nuts, haha. I have a pretty simple name, but no one ever gets it right😫

• I will never understand how people could get 'Steven' and 'Stephen' wrong tho 😂

• It's crazy. I was always of the mind that "Steven" is the main way of spelling it, and "Stephen" is the alternative way. The shortened "Steve" instead of "Stephe" would support that, right? But I guess the rest of the world doesn't see it like that. I have so many old certificates and stupid old school papers, etc from when I was a kid, and my teachers would always write "Stephen" on them, and I was always like "what the hell, man?", haha.

• ahahah all my certificates have never had my correct name written on it like seriously tho 😂 my first, middle, surname and even my Chinese name is misspelled all the freaking time I'm too lazy to correct anyone anymore lol.

But yeah, I've seen people spelling "Stephen" as "Steven" and vice versa too.

• I thought that "Hey, Randall is a relatively common name. It isn't that hard to spell, right?"

Here are the ways some people have spelled it...
    --Randall (correctly)
    --Randell
    --Randelle
    --Wrandelle
    --Wranuel (I guess they thought I said Manuel?)
    --Wrandill

It happens at some everywhere I go, but the Wendy's near where I live spells it especially oddly xD I won't discuss my last name, but they mispell it a lot too.

• Lol can't say anyone has ever misspelled my name before, it's 4 letters and is spelled exactly how it sounds lol.

• Yes and I have a very generic name. It happened like 4 year in a row for my yearbook in elementary, My parents were pissed...

• My name is Arabic for Joseph so its always misspelled. And yes, even by family.

Whenever I'm at Starbucks I just say my names Ali, short and sweet!

• Whenever I go to starbucks I just use my nickname ahah cause none of my name has ever been spelled correctly ><"

• Star bucks needs to fix up! £2.40 for a kids hot chocolate?
      That's burglary... But it tastes great!

• I have a difficult name; generally people misspell it lol... And people who spell my name truly become special to me :)))

• While writing, never. While typing, sometimes. People with my name spell it in two ways. Another way is mostly incorrect considering grammar. People who never read my name make mistake 99% of time. Except my parents & close friends no one really knows how to spell my name.

• my real name is kinda unusual , getting used with that lmao

• Sure... my first name is not that difficult but my last name can easily be misspelled :D
    I generally spell it when it's delicate.

• Only a couple people have misspelled it and I don't know how cause it's easy to spell. Lots have mispronounced it though.

• People in English speaking countries will write it with an A instead of an E since the version in america is with an A.

Not disclosing the name though :P

• My forename no, but my surname all the time -_-
    It's French pronounced and I study in Germany so you can imagine how well that works 😂😂😂
    But even here in Luxembourg I have to spell it regularly...

• They'd have to be pretty fucking stupid to spell Alex wrong. 😂

• People did misspelled my name

• It'd be pretty difficult to misspell David, or Dave

• no one has ever misspelled my name but people have hard time pronouncing it

• It's misspelled and mispronounced.

• happens all the time... Not even people of my own race and culture spell my name correctly

• what is your name?

• Yes
    75% would spell it wrong, the first time

What Girls Said 21

• Yes.

I won't mention my last name and how it gets slaughtered on a daily basis by everyone ever. They can't even pronounce it, let alone spell it.

But my first name is very simple. And one of my former co-workers misspelled it. My name is Alex. She spelled it Alix.

WTF?

• Oh yeah in Starbucks my name turns from 'micky' into 'vicky' on a regular basis - they also like to spell it 'vickey', 'miki', 'micki' mickey' etc, I tend to not bother with anything actually starting with M anymore though - just the vicky one that still makes me laugh sometimes.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...5b08fa4e04.jpg

• ahahah once when I went to Starbucks and I told the barista my name, she literally heard it as 'creamy' and guess what, she wrote it -_- My friends still teased me with that name until now tho ahah 😂

• Aha people call me Miki because that's my nickname.

• Haha I actually prefer being called by that name over my actual name, I really think there are worse nicknames ^^ @RainbowFanGirl

• Always. They always put an e where it should be an i. Doesn't change the pronunciation but still. Come on.

• I used to when I was younger.
    I have a fairly simple name but the way you pronounce the end leads to many people putting er instead of an a.

Now I'm older it doesn't really happen.

• Always, there are 4 different ways of writing my name, and my way is the most "original" or "uncommon" way.

• All the time lol. They put in different letters and almost always spell it with an S instead of C lol. Starbucks can get hella creative too. I stopped saying my full name after they gave me my order with the name Shertae on it lmao.

• yes this happens often and i hate it -_-'

• I used to even misspell my own name when i was younger hahaha but yeah mines really easy to misspell cause it's quite unique :)

• I never spell my name right until I was seven or eight 🙈 but starbucks always get it wrong, like way far off from my name 😂

ahah yeah my name is rather unique too 🙈

• Mhm. My name is spelt MIKAYLA, but they spell it MICHELA or something like that. It's super annoying.

• Not my first name, but a lot of people don't know how to spell my last name 😒
    My sister and I always say we know who our true friends are when they know how to spell our last name :D

• Ahah that's so true xD
      My friends always say the same too

• Yes. Very often.

• Ya people miss spell it all the time its an Asian name and they add letters to make it sound like it is said

• yes. sometimes baristas will misspell the last syllable

• I mean they would spell it fraya and no one could spell my last name

• My name is always spelled wrong with people who haven't heard of it before

• "Marc with a c" lmao

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/RVHHzYi

(I'm not Marc, obviously)

• All the time!

• Usually people spell my name correctly. In high school, though, there were few people who mispelled my name -_-

• Well my name has only three letters so it's pretty hard to misspell.

• Not really. My name is only 4 letters.

• No, my name is easy to misspell