Who do you consider a 90s kid?

I believe people who were born in da 80s mostly considered “90s kids” and by some degree those who were born in da early 90s…. basically those who were born during da 90s r considered 00s kids mostly imo…

But I’ve seen many people who were born in da late 90s who consider themselves 90s kids which’s wrong…

Wot do u believe?

Most Helpful Girl

• To me you a 90's kid when you can still remember some of the trends, music, tv shows, etc. So like kids that were born in 1986-1992.

I was born in 1991. So I can still remember toys that were HUGE! Some of the commercials for those toy's, hearing songs being played on the radio at that time. Different fashion trends, etc.

• I remember when I was really young like around 4/5 years old. I was crazy about this tv show called banana's in pajama's. Everytime my mom would take me to rent VHS. I would rush to it and give her the tape to rent. :D

• yay thank you for mhg ^^

Most Helpful Guy

• I was born in 1988 and I believe you have to be born in the second half of the last decade to be able to call yourself a kid of the next decade. Cuz if you're born in 1994 for example, you might kiiiind of get some of the things from the 90s but you're not really old enough to learn about the pop culture or even about politics and important events of national or global impact. For example, I still remember playing games in the DOS system, before their was the windows interface (I learned all the commands by heart, so I knew what to type into the computer at what time). My dad is an IT engineer and because of this, we were one of the first private households to have an internet connection. I still remember my dad explaining me that the internet is a connection of computers all over the world and me thinking "that sounds silly... what could that ever be useful for?" ;-). Also - and perhaps most importantly in terms of technology - I am one of the very, very last kids who mainly grew up without a cell phone. Already people who are just 5 years younger than me didn't experience this anymore. When I was 14 or so, almost nobody had a cell phone. I still remember calling my friends from the home phone to meet up and when you were late, there was no way of telling them! And yet, we survived just fine :-). I only got a cell phone when I turned 16 and only because my parents wanted to get me one. Also, with the first cell phone I had, you couldn't do much. You could text and call and that was pretty much it. This was long before the times of listening to music or playing games on your phone.
    However, there are also other things I remember that don't have anything to do with technology. For example I remember how my country changed since the 90s (and especially since the 90s, there was a pretty big change in fact). Starting from the 00s, suddenly much more foreigners started living in my country. Before we were much more isolated. This also made some cultural norms and customs change. I also remember for example that my country got much more globalized since the early 00s. When I was a child, the opening and closing times of all the stores were very strict, according to typical western European socialist/social democratic values (strong worker's rights). When I was 6 or so, all the stores closed at 6 pm. sharp. No exception. On Saturdays, they closed at 12am sharp. no exception. On Sundays, everything was closed. No exception. Today, because of the influence from

• countries such as America, where workers' rights are not cherished, we have lot of stores who make their employees slave until 10pm. and we even have stores who are open on Sundays (luckily no 24/7 yet). This is something that changed right around the beginning of the millenium, so I actually got to feel it quite strongly.

• nice detailed answer...

personally i was only one of da few people who had a phone when i was 7-8... i had ma first phone in 1999... ma parents bought it for me so i can call 'em or send 'em a message after i finished school in order to pick me up...

it was an ericsson GH688... still have it... :)

img.gfx.no/564/564537/ericsson_gh688_1000_1.jpg

• Haha, yeah... my first phone was a Nokia 6610. It was considered a super modern, technologically highly advanced phone back then and I was really proud of it ;-). Happy days...

What Girls Said 11

• A 90's kid to me is someone born in the 80's and early 90's. I was born in May 1990 and have a good recollection of typical 90's things - bad fashion, boy bands like BSB and NSync, life before having an Internet connection, N64, all that kind of stuff.

• tbh i consider 90s fashion superior than nowdays... but it's a matter of taste i guess... :)

• The ones that were born in the early 90s. They seem to have more of the 90s' things within them. Lol.

• Well I was born in '91 and I honestly consider myself a 90's kid through and through.

• Because my childhood was pretty much shaped by things that are considered a 90's staple. And when I look back and reminisce, it's mostly about stuff that was popular during the 90s.

• Remember the juice bottles that came with pills that changed the juice's colors?

• hmmm not much... i remember pacifier candies only...

• 80's babies are 90's kids.

• But that would mean that 80's kids were born in the 70's... weird. I think that 90's kids were just kids who like 90's music, movies, tv shows, video games etc... the same goes for 80's kids, 70's kids and all other generations.

• so if someone was born in da 60s but loves 90s music, movies, tv shows and games... would he be considered a 90s kid though?

i think @Bluecoyote gave da most accurate answer here about it...

"I was born in 1988 and I believe you have to be born in the second half of the last decade to be able to call yourself a kid of the next decade."

• i was talkin about birth-dates mostly... and someone's considered a kid between ages 6-12... so for xample if i was born in 1991... then i was a kid between years 1997-2003... so in other words late 90s-early 00s kid... ;)

• Then you are right, if we consider only birthdays, @Bluecoyote's opinion is the most accurate.

• I believe people who have a good recollection of what happened to them in the '90s are '90s kids.

• I consider anyone born before 1992 and after1984 a 90s kid. Reason: People born between those time frames understands 90s lingo, style, music, and tv, etc.

• music... music's timeless i say...90-95% of da music i listen to came out when i wasn't even born... and da rest 5% came when i was just a baby... ;p

generally i'd put 1978-1996 as ma fav period in music to some xtend... ;)

• 80's to early 90's. Up to 1993 birth year I would consider them 90's kids.

• I was born in 1990 and Im a 90s kid

• I'm a 00s baby but I remember a lot of the late 90s trends because I have a older relative who gave me a lot of his crap

• i was born 92 and i agree with you i feel people from 80s are 90 kids cause they actually lived and experienced the 90s and anyone born after 95 shouldn't consider themselves 90s kids cause they were too small to understand what was on

What Guys Said 10

• I was born at the beginning of '96. It's difficult to call myself something like "90s kid" because I don't exactly remember much of the 90s. I remember bits and pieces, but only small events and stuff. However, I still was influenced by 90s technology and still know about a lot of 90s things because the influence carries over into the 2000s, like computers with floppy disk drives... Or the 90s TV shows/cartoons.

I'm not sure if I could throw a label on myself, but I guess if I had to, I'd describe myself as an early 2000s kid with a lot of 90s influence. On a side note, I like the culture of 90s a lot more than early 2000s and most of my music comes from 90s.

• really? i was born in 1991 but i rememeber only bits and pieces from 90s... it was a nice decade though and i wish i was an adult by then so i could xperience it better... when gamin was still a cult thing... ;)

• For some reason, I remember small bits and pieces of when I lived in Washington state in the 90s. Not too many, but I remember some stuff nonetheless.

And yeah, personally I wish I could've gone to a Nirvana concert sometime in my life :(

• i'd like to xperience early-internet personally... :D

• Lol people born in the 90s or who remember yelling get off the internet I'm trying to use the phone or if you remember any of these.

ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/.../...l-1118-1398800087-16.jpg

s3-ak.buzzfeed.com/.../...z-14411-1313981445-0.jpg

img.ifcdn.com/.../...b81cd7b515618dae340efcd_3.jpg

3.bp.blogspot.com/.../90s-kid.jpg

Lmao I still remember when goosebumps was like one of the scariest things on TV at the time lol.

• multi-colored pens and plasticine still xist though...

• i remember play-doh sets... :)

• Lol yeah me to, ah a simpler and funnier time.

• I agree with what you said because you don't remember being a baby or the first few years of your life so someone that say is born in 1996 will not really remember any of the 90's therefore they are not a 90's kid. That is how I see it.

• You know those whiny cunts on Facebook who spam those "LIKE IF YOU REMEMBER THIS" or "LIKE IF YOU'RE A 90s KID" when they're probably 10? You know, the sorts of brainlessly go on about the N64 having the best games ever when they haven't played any of the games on the system and haven't actually got an informed opinion? Yeah, them.

• Anyone who had most of the period 7 to 14 in the 90s would be a 90s kid to me. I was born in January 1969 so I would have had 7 to nearly 12 in the 70s - I think that makes me a 70s kid.

• If your life was greatly influenced by the fads and tech of the 90's then you are a 90's kid. You could be born in the late 80's or early 90's. I would put the cutoff of being born around 1995 since by the time you really start knowing what the heck is going on around you you are already 5-6 and are thus now in the year 2000 or 2001.

• i am not a 90's kid, lol, i can't remember anything before 2002 :)
    i am millenial or whatever, 90's kids are like 86-92

• 86-92... sounds legit... :)

• yeah it does, i like things from the 90's though lol! even though i was born in 96!
      i think the early 2000's were great and glad i can remember it :)

• But if a kid borns 1981, a great part (best kid years) of his infancy is on the 80's.

You should devide it like:
    Born after 1985 - 90's kids
    Born after 1995 - 00's kids
    Born after 2005 - 10's kids

• indeed... so 90s kids would be mostly 1985-1992... or so...

• Anyone pre 1994-5. I'm 97 and don't class myself as a 90s kid.

• I was born in 1980so I say I'm a 80's kid but I see where you are coming from as late childhood from 11 years old upwards would of been in the 90's