Do I have the right to be mad at my boyfriend for not being there while i'm giving birth to his baby?

I just needed him because it is a special moment for both of us but instead of that he was hanging out with his friends and he ignores my calles. He came to visit me next day and bring flowers with him but i didn't talk with him because i tired. It's been a two weeks now and i still feel this anger inside me for no reason. How do i get rid of this feeling?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well of course. It was one in lifetime moment.

But he may be scared of seeing you give birth. Maybe he was afraid that he won't see you the same if he saw you give birth.

Or maybe he didn't want to feel bad to see you be in such pain.

Not everyone can have the stomach to watch someone give birth. I know people that fainted or got sick in the labor room just from watching and had to receive medical care.

You should first talk to him and try to understand his situation. Maybe there was a legitimate reason but he could not communicate it to you because he felt it would have hurt your feelings. Or maybe he didn't know how to put it or was ashamed.

• You are making an excuse to him!

• The only logical answer in here. Jesus Christ, some of the people on this site.

• @WhyFluttershy Yeah, seems like a lot of people here on GAG are addicted to drama. If there's is a logical explanation people will avoid it because it doesn't seem as dramatic and everyone wants to feel like they are doing something important, that they are saving a person from some incredible douche and stuff like that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Gosh he is an idiot.. how can someone miss their own child's birth.. you have all the rights and reasons to be mad at him..

What Guys Said 10

• That was a serious douche move. Like, who the fuck misses their own child's birth on purpose?

• Break up with him he should have been there for you during those nine painful hours and he should have wanted to see his child when he/she was first born. Make him pay child support as well.

• Yes! You most certainly do! What the hell is wrong with people? Sheesh!

• For a very special moment like that, you do have a right to be angry at him for what he did. Obviously he thinks that hanging with his friends is more important than a birth of his and your child and not even bothering to pick up the phone says a lot.

It won't be easy to get rid of that feeling as it is essentially a 'betrayal' as you needed him the most and he wasn't there. The best you can do is make the most of what you have right now, both of you have a wonderful baby, educate him that your baby is the priority in your lives and that he has to put his family first.

• He was wrong to do that.

• Yup.. I think you have every right in the world to be disappointed...

• That is a big no no. What did he do, go out for a sub?

• No you don't since he's a real life douchebag and you chose to be with him but hey that's none of my business 🐸🍵

• yes, you have every right to be mad at him for that. “hey my baby is having my baby but I am going just sit here and hang out with my friends” who the hell does that? I say dump him and spend the rest of your life getting child support checks from him. … well that is unless there is more to the story.

• Ya you do that's completely bull shit

What Girls Said 7

• I would be furious. Not just angry either, but I'd be disappointed that he let himself miss out on seeing his child be born and missed the intimacy and bonding opportunity that that gives.

• You do have a right to be mad, but you obviously realise it's not healthy. Exercising is usually the best and easiest way to get rid of anger.

• His priorities are all the way fucked up.

• hell yes!! It's his child too! And personally, I'd dump him. If he doesn't even prioritize the birth of his own child over hanging out with "pals", then what on earth would make you think he cares highly about anything else? The only thing that could justify something like that would be... grandma dying on exactly the same day at the same time, or a meteor strike!

• your boyfriend is an ass

• Yes you have a right to be upset. I'll break up with him if my boyfriend did that

• It's not a perfect time for a break up

• If you believe that's, that's fine. I was just saying what I'll do

• Your feelings are justified, thats not okay. Maybe try talking to him about it at least just to clear the air. If that doesn't work just try putting most of your attention on the baby because im sure that will relieve some anger looking at an adorable baby. Congratulation on the baby as well.