Has your computer been fucked by a virus?

If so, when did it happen and what was the result?
If not, do you wish to receive a virus in the near future?

Other opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh multiple times, i download them for fun and try to manually get rid of them (Obviously in a virtual machine with no harm done to my actual machine). If i get infected for real i always quickly notice and am quick to disinfect my computer. For the last 5 years or more i have never been a victim of a malware attack. Before that it was adf. ly loading a malware exploit kit.

So if anyone needs help getting rid of that annoying adware or virus that keeps coming back on your pc i might be able to remove it for you.

• that's interesting. There's also a youtube channel of someone who does this :)

• I got a copy of that still on my harddrive for me to go back to if i feel nostalgic.
      But nah i like my machines working without the constant crashes :P

Things changed a lot though, back then it was Windows, Graphicscard , Soundcard (When they where still actual cards) and done. The smarter ones out there (Not me at the beginning) would also install there motherboard drivers to make the machine run better but it was not required). Now there is much more stuff to install to get your machine to work properly but most of it is automated these days.

• Yes, that's true

What Girls Said 7

• yeah i did. i tried to merely view a movie from one of those sites that has them online. little did i know it was going to send my laptop into the depths of hell. it lasted for a few days actually and i was swamped in stupid ads and interruptions. thankfully I'm pretty sure it was llorando who helped me fix it.

why on earth would i want this to happen to me again? lmao.

• Yeah when I was young and dumb 😂 Believing this random popup which said "you have a virus, download this antivirus now", and yeah got a virus, computer got slow as hell, turned off and crashed all the time. Not sure how I got rid of it, was on my really old computer. But I got adblock now so I don't see those ads anymore, and even if I do, I know what it is (they're so obvious). And when I download something I always check comments throughly. Don't wanna risk getting my mac a virus, nuh uh.

• Ughh, about a week ago I had a terrible virus, I'm not sure how I got it but I'm thinking either piratebay or kickasstorrents when I went to download a tv show ep, I then decided I'd finally upgrade my laptop to windows 8.1 and that's when it must of been able to lock me out of my account, I couldn't do the update and I got set up with a temporary profile, took about a day and a half to get rid of it and my profile back, I've now safely upgraded to windows 8.1 (not liking the look of windows 10 at the moment so haven't updated that far) and I've got three anti virus programs on my laptop that I run at least once a week now or after I've downloaded any movies or tv eps lol

• Windows 8.1 suck (I have them right now)

• Never use 3 antivirus programs!
      That will be a big battle who is the best antivirus and doesn't get you anywhere.
      If you are really looking for an overkill protection get 360 Security www.360totalsecurity.com/.../ it comes with 3 antivirus programs and starts deleting anything remotely viral (Which also means it will delete a ton of unknown programs that are actually good so i dont advise this scanner for the non paranoid).

Personally i use Panda Cloud Antivirus you can get for free at www.cloudantivirus.com , it has great detection rates and won't slow your system down.

• @sawno oh! Thank you, I wasn't sure if I'd be facing that issue since usually one anti virus tries to cancel out any others I download but I hadn't had any issues lol, thanks for those I might even switch my mum over too 😊

• I have been lucky enough to do system restores and evade them.

I also have Avast, the free version, and it is quite effective without bogging my system like Macafee and Norton.

• Yes actually. My computer fell pregnant as a result and had little virusy computer babies.

Viruses suck. Why the hell would anyone want one? They make your computer slow, they steal information, the bring up ads. Oh the fucking ads.

Why would anyone want a virus?

• Yes. Finding it and the infected files was a pain in the ass. Then after that I had to get a copy of my OS bc the virus took some important components with it.

• Never a virus but it was struck my lightning once

What Guys Said 5

• I use Linux Mint 17 so getting a virus will be next to impossible for me I heard. Since there are only like 47 in existence for this OS type when compared to the millions of them for Windows (that was a total example, but somewhat true I heard/read via the wiki) i1127.photobucket.com/.../...15-09-18%20051919.png that's my desktop + Linux Mint 17 is free/fun to use since it never slows down... hell it even shuts down in 5 secs flat if that LOL

• Earlier this year I got ransomware. Norton didn't stop it and I had to format my C-drive and reinstall windows from a mirror on a partition. :-P The first time in my life.

• Yeah It happens

• Yea it kept lagging my computer so I just did a simple system restore and it went back to normal

• yeah they're soon going to have a baby together