What operating system is your phone?

Please vote on the poll, and say how many months or years you have had ur phone. When do u plan on upgrading?

• iOS 9
  • iOS 8
  • iOS 7
  • Android Lollipop
  • Android Kit Kat
  • Android Ice Cream Sandwich
  • other

Most Helpful Girl

• WINDOWS. People need to include windows in these things.

• I would have if GaG allowed more poll options. :)

• You could've just said iOS, Android and Windows, not three versions of each. There's different versions of windows too and these questions get asked a lot.

Most Helpful Guy

• Kit Kat? Ice Cream Sandwich? Lollipop?

Is this for real? Was Android high as fuck and having a serious case of munchies when they made those up? :|

What Girls Said 21

• I have a samsung galaxy s4

I have no idea what operating system it has... and also why are there kit kat and ice cream sandwiches on your poll? What?

• Those are the names of the Android operating systems! :-D

• That's just what Android does, naming their OS versions after sweets! :-P

• Alphabetical naming

A&B were internal to Google, not publicly released.

The first public release of Android on a device was Cupcake, after that came:
      Donut
      Eclair
      Froyo
      Gingerbread
      Honeycomb
      Ice Cream Sandwich
      Jellybean
      Kit Kat
      Lollypop

My first Android phone ran Cupcake. I've either upgraded or gotten a new android version by getting a new phone. The only Android version I have not run is Honeycomb. That was made exclusively for tablets, not phones.

• Just updated it today to iOS 9. besides a couple new apps I'll probably never use, I'm not sure what the benefits of updating it are. What do you have?

• I have Android ice cream sandwich... I will update my phone sometimes next year!

• Android Lollipop. 🍭

• I'm surprised. You seem like you'd be an iPhone junkie.

Kudos to you for picking the phones that usually have specs. I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, personally.

• I think mine is iOS 8 but I'm not too sure.

• IOS 9 now. I've had me phone for erm 2 years now, nope not planning on getting a new phone in anytime soon. I dont want to spend $1000 on an iphone6😐

• I have an iPhone 6. I literally just upgraded so I probably won't again until iPhone 17s because Apple is just being ridiculous releasing a new same phone every year just bigger and skinnier.

• I'm waiting for review on iOS 9 before I download

• I don't even know what my phone runs on..

and.. I've had it for almost 10 years now LOL

• its Android kitkat

• iOS 8 for my phone, android 4.4 for my tablet.

• Android Kit Kat. I've had my phone almost two years. I'm not sure when I'll upgrade, though.

• International phone is running on Jelly Bean still and Windows phone is running 8.1

• I don't think my Xperia (had for 2 years) will be upgrading anytime soon and when (if) Windows releases an upgrade to 10, I'm jumping right on it. That is, if I don't rage-return my phone back to ATT (just got it last week) - Windows phones are... definitely not Android. Not even comparable. :|

• I have an iPhone 5s with iOS 9.1 because I'm a beta tester for Apple. The new emojis are fun. There's a unicorn, a middle finger one, hockey, weightlifting, etc...

• People still have kit kat and ice cream sandwich?
    shoot.

• i think it's ios7

• Android lollipop

• ios 7 I think.

• I have the 9 and I have an iPhone 6

• iOS 9 now. :)

• IOS 9 iPhone 5s I've had it for a year and im upgrading next year

• I'm still using iOS5... I've had my phone for 3.5 years now

What Guys Said 24

• I most recently carried a Nexus 4 since launch in 2012, and two weeks ago I finally upgraded to the LG G4. The camera is amazing, and the combo of 32 GB of on-board storage plus an SD slot (which currently holds a 128 GB MicroSD card) means I can carry all my music and photos and still have plenty of room to take videos.

I'm a mobile DJ, and I shot some video of the party I did this weekend as an experiment, and it came out surprisingly good considering it came from a cell phone.

• Android 5.1.1. I have an update pending. I think it's the security updates for Android 6.0. I'm on a three year old nexus which they just stopped updating the whole os, just get the security update. Android 5 is lollipop 🍭 and 6 is marshmallow 😍

• My phone has Windows Phone 8.1 (Microsoft Lumia 1520). I plan to purchase the new flagship, Microsoft Lumia 950XL with Windows 10, whenever it is released!

• What do you like about windows phone?

• @Yumix
      To be honest, I haven't really used the preview build because I have only one phone, and I wouldn't want to run a beta OS on it. But for some reason, I'm quite excited up for the official version of the OS!
      Yeah, continuum needs time to take off. But I have a feeling, it will! I just hope they bring back the call recording feature in Windows 10. I really miss it.

• Me too! the 950 looks great, though I'm probably going for the smaller version. Windows 10 Mobile looks awesome, I've only messed around with it a bit, I don't want to run it on my main device too much, but as soon as its released I'll be getting it!

• I use a Nokia non-smart phone for all my calls and texts. It's pre-historic, but works fine.

I also have a Galaxy Ace running Gingerbread. Medieval, but again works fine for data only.

I also have a Galaxy Tab4 10.1 running Android 4.4.2 Not more than 5-6 months old.

• I've had the opportunity to take a Galaxy Ace in my hands, it was terrible

• I put a bunch of my stuff in my Dropbox just in case

• It's just a cheap Huawei Android phone (my third one actually). It does the job, and it will be cheap to replace when it goes for a swim or jump off a climb or whatever... Actually, I'll probably get a Microsoft phone next time that happens - you seem to get a better hardware spec for the money (I only care about the screen and camera), and I only use the most common apps.

• I am not sure. I think it is iOS 8 but I am probably going to upgrade to iOS 9.

• I just bought a Samsung Galaxy s6. My iPhone 5 doesn't cover my needs anymore.
    Android is so much better, I was a stupid apple fanboy in 2013..

• Running a custom ROM of Android Kitkat on my Samsung Note 1 (GT-N7000).

I hate Samsung though. I wish I had the money for the new Nexus 5X.

• Android, but I've never heard of the Lollipop, Kit Kat, or Ice Cream Sandwich. To me it's just all Android.

• You didn't include Windows :'(
    I use Windows Phone 8.1 on my Lumia 730. I'm using it since its release date. I will upgrade to Windows 10 as soon as it is launched.

• I got windows and I love it. Used to have an iPhone and would never go back. Can't wait for Windows 10 Mobile!

• got mine in June or something. i plan on upgradnig, when they start making flagships with outrageous capacity battery because i hate smartphones for dying on me after a few hours of intense use.

• Upgraded to Samsung note 5 so whatever the latest android version is

• I believe Lollipop, on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

• Linux bby all day erryday

• iPhone 5s and I have iOS 9. I'll upgrade to iPhone 7 at the earliest but I don't think I'll actually upgrade until iphome 7s or 8

• I have a Windows Phone (Lumia 930) but I'll probably switch back to Android soon

• LG propriety operating system.

• No clue. I don't have a smartphone.

• Android Kitkat 4.4.4, I'm running an unofficial rooted Cyanogenmod build made by Temasek, with a Boeffla custom kernel on top.

I have pretty much complete control over my phone.

• I just updated to iOS 9 and I don't see any differences. I might upgrade next summer.

• Just moved from my windows phone to an Amazon FirePhone

• NO IDEA AND I DON'T CARE.

• Windows phone for about 9 months.