Do you really want a kid but know you'll never have one because of circumstances?

How did you get over this feeling of loss and sadness?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hhmm... this is a difficult one. I really, really want kids. It's one of the wishes for my life that are very important to me. My girlfriend also wants kids with me. Yet, for medical and legal issues, it's not impossible but at least very, very complicated and extremely expensive for us to get kids. And yes, you can bet I'm very sad and frustrated about it. But eventually, there's no use in being sad... so we try to stay positive and we'll still try because even if it doesn't work, we did at least try. It's very hard though. Honestly, at the moment, I just kind of try to push these thoughts to a corner in the very far back of my mind. I still cling to the hope that we'll find a way somehow...

What Guys Said 3

• If i want kids? Yes, I already have 1 and I want 3-4 more. In any case, if I was to find out my girlfriend couldn't have kids anymore, I'd be disappointed and upset. Upset to the point where it would only be a matter of time before I leave her.

• Huh? not even adoption?

• Well it depends on the nature of the circumstances. Even seemingly hopeless ones can actually be overcome.

What is the problem? Maybe you just haven't run across the solution yet?

• I love him. We have been together forever (my entire life). But I can't bare to be with him anymore because over the past three years he's been extremely careless with his money and has financial problems. We've been together so long. I feel it is too late for me to start over , meet someone else and have a family.

• Oh, you're just being dramatic :)

Seriously, if you can get into one relationship, you can get into another. You simply need to go to places where you'll meet men. Parks, libraries, concerts of all different kinds of music, Meetup groups... just imagine the kind of guy you want to meet and where he's likely to spend time... then go to those places!

What's worse... dooming yourself to unhappiness by keeping the extremely unsatisfactory status-quo where your spirit is drained and dies day by day...
      ... or taking a little risk with the hope that you are going to have all the good things you want in life.

I know which I'd choose.

• It's not that simple. :( we live together. I have to kick him out that's the only way I can start fresh. I can't bring myself to do that. I don't know what to do :(

What Girls Said 1

• I have the exact opposite problem, actually.

I don't want a kid but am slowly becoming resigned to the fact that I'm probably going to end up with one.