J Cole or Kendrick Lamar?

J Cole or Kendrick Lamar. Who's a better artist and why?

• J Cole
  • Kendrick Lamar

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, I love them both. What I like is how woke they are, and how unafraid they are to say what they wanna say. But I will say that sometimes I prefer to listen to one over another. Like, when I'm depressed with my shitty life and I'm thinking on the state of things, I'll put on that Kendrick bc he's the kind of guy that has music that really makes you think, and it's pretty deep and dark. When I'm just chillin and casually mad as usual, I'll put on that J. Cole. He's a little bit more lighthearted than Kendrick, you know what I mean? Like, with Cole I can just be like "oooh, FACTS" and just leave it at that, without having to think too hard and then get angry and depressed about things in life. With Kendrick, more often than not it feels like I have to be listening to the message, and the messages start bringing me down. You know? :\

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• I don't know that much of their music but I find Kendrick Lamar's music to have more of a message.

• :/ what is this, j cole for SURE

What Guys Said 3

• Kendrick Lamar died off after bitch don't kill my vibe. Whens the last time I've heard of him since? Haven't.

• so not into the new sckool stuff.

1980's-2005 is my era.

• I would say j cole because J is... amazing.
    but,
    Kendrick man.. kendrick is like.. unstoppable.