I want to get on birth control, without my mom knowing?

I guess my main question is; Am I allowed to get birth control from my doctor without my mom having to be there? (I'm under 18). I don't know if this helps at all, but I live in the state of Florida (Maybe Florida has different laws, I don't know)

Most Helpful Girl

• http://www.contracept.org/minorsaccess.php

If you need it for health reasons, you should be able to get it. I think Planned Parenthood might be a good place to go if you're looking to keep this from your mother. My mom was awful when I brought up the idea of getting birth control, but I needed it for more than protection against pregnancy. So my aunt helped me get some from PP and they were very nice about it, didn't try to contact my parents or anything. If I'd gone to my doctor, I wouldn't have been surprised if he called my mom.

• Like what kind of health reasons? Also, how exactly do I go about this? Haha do I schedule an appointment with my doctor and suddenly bring up planned parenthood? haha

• You schedule an appointment directly with Planned Parenthood. If you go to their website, you should be able to find the nearest location that provides birth control. Pretty sure Tampa does, but if that's not nearby, the site can give you more options.

As for health reasons: www.m.webmd.com/.../other-reasons-to-take-the-pill

Mooore links, haha. Personally, I needed it because my periods were hellish and totally irregular. Honestly I think it's unfair that you even need a reason beyond not wanting to get pregnant, in FL. :/

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Birth control is acquired through prescription. You must have a doctor prescribe you something and if you're a minor in Fl. I'm pretty sure you can't get a check up without a parent. Just talk to your mom and tell her this is something you want.

• Go to the health department u don't need a parent if u are at least 17