What advice would you give to yourself five years ago?

If you could summarize a life lesson you have learned in the past five years, what would it be? If you could give yourself advise or a heads up about a certain moment that had a big effect on your life in the past five years, what would it be? Do you think you would have followed that advise if given to you at the time?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no regrets. Go pursue that girl that didn't work out, because you NEEDED to know it didn't work out. So that you would stop regretting, hesitating, hoping for someone who isn't the best person for you. Be fearless in asking out girls as you did. You'll meet the One in a couple more years. ;)

Work harder in school and actually understand some stuffs, because some of those stuff actually proved useful in my job.

Be careful of your dream, don't chase the wrong thing. Sure you might think you like Game Design, but actually it's really Software Engineering you love. You don't understand yourself enough yet. Oh and give up on Flash! Steve Jobs is so gonna kill it. :( Learn cloud and statistical modelling instead.

The world isn't out to hurt you (mostly). Ask more questions, don't be afraid of appearing silly.

Don't watch too much anime/manga, a lot of them are forgettable (except a few). And don't play mobile card games or MMORPGs! A waste of time.

Your dream of performing onstage with a band? It's so GONNA come true. But you really ought to have practised your guitar more. :(

• I love that you have no regrets! It seems a lot of things in your life worked themselves out. I enjoyed how you posted this. Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• keep your room neat and tidy

What Guys Said 11

• Buy a house in a GOOD school district, because you may have a child in three and a half years and you won't want to move or use private schools.

Also, buy stock in Natural Health Trends, which as of 2015 is up over 21000%--yes that's twenty-one thousand percent--since 2010 (www.barchart.com/stocks/performance/5year.php)

• 99% of people are replaceable, forget about their views, values and beliefs and make your own.

• Good advice.

• I guess the other half I missed which is somewhat controversial to the first bit is "make as many connections as possible. Life is much easier with connections"

• This is a hard lesson for anyone to learn, yet so very important!!

• I'd tell myself to start socializing more and go outside.

• I'm not sure I learned much in the last 5 years. I guess I would just remind myself to appreciate life as it is. Also, socialize as much as you can and be kind to others.

• Stop spending so much time on the Internet, use all your available energy and motivation to do something with your life and get your fucking priorities in gear.

• ' the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence...'

• Don't let your fears and insecurities, prevent you from getting what you really want. Go with your gut, and follow your heart and live life in the moment with no regrets.

• Don't confuse emotional energy with physical energy, because they can both feel the same when lacking.

• 21 is not all that it's stacked up to be. I'm 26

• Pay attention in school. Don't think about sex so much.

• You don't know everything

What Girls Said 5

• DON'T SKIP SCHOOL. Seriously, all this school skipping has caused me so many problems it gas basically ruined my life. :(

• "No one owes you anything in life. Don't expect everyone to be nice to you. If people are good to you, it's because they're nice, not because they have to."

Lesson learned.

• To be myself coz people at the end always talk about you and you can't please everyone... To not let people take advantage of my kindness... To not be little myself... Now i finally learnt from those mistakes ! 😄

• take school seriously, do more networking and save money but mostly, take time to get to know people and help others.

• Simple ish things like I'd teach her a good skincare routine, how to do make-up better, how not to dress like a binbag. I'd tell her to get her hair cut into a bob sooner :')

What I'd want to teach her would be empathy but it's not really something you can teach someone, you just have to develop it. I'd try and teach her to be just more chill and not let bullies and insensitive people get to her so much. I'd try and give her a hand with her GCSEs. Maybe try and get her to be involved with school plays and things a year earlier than she started doing them.

I'd tell her: 'in 4 years when you're in love, take a selfie, don't try and Skype on the 12th of December'