Car got hit in school parking lot, but I'm not on my moms insurance?

My car was parked, but I wasn't in it. I'm 16 years old, so obviously I'm a minor and I don't have my own insurance. My car itself has insurance (idk if it's good or bad insurance), but it has insurance. Problem is, I'm not down as a driver on my moms insurance.
I really want to go to the school deputies about this, because my car is pretty bad now, but my mom strictly said no and told me to drop it.
My mom says that even though we aren't at all at fault, we can still get charged. And to make the matter worse, she didn't put me down as a driver on her insurance so she'd be charged an extra $500 on her insurance every month.
So my overall question is; should/can I go to the deputies about this? Will I get charged at all? I'm not at fault, I was parked in the lines and I wasn't even in the car.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just listen to your mom.

Most Helpful Girl

• Listen to mom, no one was involved. Do Not open up a smelly can of worms that doesn't need Opening by Opening your mouth.. This could go South.
    Tell mom that being This could happen, it might be cheaper in the long run, to put you Yourself on her policy so that if anything does happen, with you being in Front, everyone is covered and your own butt as well.
    You got off easy this time, however, the next time, should there be one, may not be as much fun.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 4

• Short answer: you can't do anything
    Long answer: you can't do anything as *legally* you are not allowed to be driving that car.

• Don't cause your mom's insurance will skyrocket.

• Insurance follows the car, thats all the matters

• if you got them involved you would be finned for not having proper insurance

What Girls Said 1

• best thing you can do if you dont know who it was is repair the damage yourselves.

• I do know who it was though

• OK well I think it will still be cheaper to repair the car yourself but if you are not on the insurance so that it gets repaired in this scenario then it is a bit silly.