Could this mean he's a catfish?

I feel pretty stupid right now. I've been talking to this guy online for a while and i like him a lot so i sent him a gift. He was saying how he wanted a piercing kit so he could pierce people for money. soo i bought him the kit and piercings for 40 bucks. This was a little while ago.
Recently i looked up his friends name, who is a girl, and i found her facebook. I was looking down her timeline and i saw a status "I got my piercing kit" and the date was around the time i got him his.
So is this enough evidence to say he's a catfish?

Plus he made me send it to her address because he said his family would get mad at him

Most Helpful Guy

• And thats why we don't send things to people we meet online. I hope you learned your lesson.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm.. thats awfully odd and I would be suspicious too. If he really did gave her the gift you bought him then he probably likes this girl and was only using you so he can give her what she wants. If thats the case then catfish doesn't do enough justice. He is more like a parasite. However, I would want to be sure. If you guys are good friends, I would ask him to show case his talents or take me to his workplace to see how he does his 'piercings" . You could even ask him about the gift and ask where it is. If he doesn't give you legitimate answers then you can prob put two and two together. I hate parasites and users.

What Guys Said 3

• sounds like he might be. that sucks.

• BAHAHAAHHA

• Your question does not make any sense. You want to know if he is catfish, well it is quite simple. Is the picture of the guy you have been talking to online and the picture of the guy on FB the exact same person? Or are they different? Of course you have to first verify that the guy online is linked to the guy on FB.

• The person on facebook is his friend. Im saying i went on his friend's facebook.

What Girls Said 3

• Well "catfish" would mean he's pretending to be someone he's not. What you described is a guy who received a gift from you and gave it to a female friend. So I'm guessing you're worried the guy is actually a girl, right?

• Yes, im thinking the girl could actually be him. His voice is kinda girly. Plus he made me send it to her address because he said his family would get mad at him

• Oh okay. Yikes... it is possible. I'm definitely leaning towards catfish.

• more like, you were catfished.

• I think so.. You should be careful.