Would you ever consider keeping chickens?

Just look at them :)

• I have chickens
  • I have had chickens in the past
  • I don't have chickens
  • I don't have chickens, but I'd like to have some

Most Helpful Girl

• I already have chickens, 12 hens and one rooster. They're annoying sometimes but we never have to buy eggs at the grocery store so that's cool. I like the taste of fresh eggs more too.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• I nearly bought one the other day :(

• He is in my stomach

• My Mum had them. The last ones we had were really sweet, ex battery hens; but a fox got into their pen and killed all ten of them :'( . My Mum says it's too traumatic and she's not going to get any more.

What Guys Said 4

• No I want ducks

• my parents have chickens, ducks, geese, and peacocks and sometime turkeys. they are fun to watch

• We have chickens, 9 hens.

If you have space for them and a fenced yard chicken are a pretty sensible thing to raise. They take very little care if you set up for them right. They'll eat your table scraps and give you eggs.

Don't get a rooster though unless you want to breed the chickens for meat, which is a lot of trouble anyway.

• No, just another thing I have to maintain.