A question for those who believe that the phrase "hits like a girl" is sexist?

Many people consider the phrase "hits like a girl" to be sexist because it implies that women can't hit as hard as men, that they're weaker than men.

With that said, would you support the complete doing away with gender based divisions in combat sports such as boxing and MMA in favour of mixed gender match-ups?

• Yes women should fight men because they're just as strong and capable
  • No they should keep the gender divisions because men are generally a lot stronger than women
Mexborough couldn't even give me an answer, instead he insults me and blocks me. I'll take that as a no mate.

Most Helpful Guy

• thatll be awesome to see ronda rouseis fight brock lesners

What Girls Said 6

• It doesn't really make much of a difference in your average person (your average person is about as strong as anyone else) but with training the differences can be seen. Men can get to a higher strength level faster whereas it would take women a little longer. Ultimately, if there is no challenge for one particular individual in a league (I believe you're thinking of Ronda Rousey in this instance, no?) let them move up and see what happens. Athletes are aware of their own limits and won't take undue risks to their personal safety. Go for it, mate.

• Using an entire gender as an insult is sexist.

• So do you think women should fight in the same division as men? For example Ronda Rousey fights at 135lbs in the women's division, should she fight 135lb men too?

• But you just said that we do have different strength levels.

• Yeah... That doesn't mean "female" should be used as an insult.

• Most women are physically weaker when it comes to punches, why is that offensive?

As far as the MMA thing goes, i'm not for or against it but I think a lot of women would lose lol

• I believe the phrase "hits like a girl" is sexist but I also think boxing and MMA opponents should be matched but by height and weight regardless of sex.

• People actually made a deal out of that phrase? Omg

To answer your Q, don't they already do that?

• People make a big deal out of everything these days. Women don't fight men in the UFC, they have their own separate divisions.

• No, at the moment women only fight women and men only fight men.

• I think it should stay that way.

• As long as they are in the same weight class and are willing, I see no problem.

What Guys Said 6

• B.

To be fair, I think the issue is that you're essentially using "like a girl" as an insult which plenty are really sensitive about, understandably in my opinion. Also there are huge differences among each gender. Ronda Rousey would beat me to death easily enough and my fist are pillows.

• Well, they do have less testosterone, and that typically makes them have less muscle mass. I am typically for equality and stuff but I voted B) on this one.

• But I think the people who say "you hit like a girl" are asshats, and one time I somewhat hope a girl who's learn kravmaga punches them in the balls with a fist of glory.

• @M_A_X hah, I knew someone would disapprove. It's true, I actually typically dislike using violence as a way to prove a point... but some people are just legitimately incapable and unwilling to learn from anything else other than pain that is inflicted TO them.

• Yeah, I can understand the feeling of being a mentally sick puppy who has a god complex. I know them feels

Still though, not in the balls, man lol

• I think if they completed in MMA, like the ufc. The girls at the same weight class would need to talk anabolic steriods to make it a fair fight. Otherwise the girl would always be at a disadvantage because she probably has less muscle mass and more b. f. due to her boobs and booty.

• A lot of pro male MMA fighters (and in most other sports) take steroids, there are ways around the drug tests e. g. by taking a steroid that clears the body within a day rather than one that lasts a full week.

• well then, it will never be a fair fight. Because I know a couple of youtube power lifters. The female has worked out for years at 150lbs. Then this guy works out for 1 year at 130 and his lifts beat hers.

• Women don't have testosterone.

• We all have testosterone and estrogen, women have more estrogen and less testosterone, men have more testosterone and less estrogen. The reason men who take steroids (all steroid are based on testosterone) and neglect their post-cycle therapy end up growing tits is because when they're on the steroid cycle their natural testosterone production stops because the body thinks it's producing too much (which is why testicles shrink), then they stop the steroids and all of a sudden they have no testosterone at all in their bodies, but they still have the estrogen. Estrogen takes over and they grow tits before their natural testosterone production gets back to normal.

• True, but they do have it.

• I was already aware of the steroids thing because I grew up in the 80s/90s, but thanks for the refresher. Also King of the Hill does an episode about it, so~

• yep, since it presumes women are feeble. but then you only see things in your conservative sense, right? haha.

• So you think women should fight in the same division as men in the UFC for example?

• What? What about what he said was 'stuck up'...

• I wouldn't mind.