Is prom the funnest night of you're life?

okay i am 20 years old and i
never wenr to prom because in my senior year of highschool i transfered to a special needs school that didn't have prom and i really hate myself for not going to prom it seems like the funnest night you have as a teenager where you get dressed up and dance and then get super drunk and then go out and have sex? i never got the chance
to ask a girl out and i feel like i misse out on one of the best experiences in life?

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol, prom isn't like it is in the movies os please get that idea out of your head, haha. Some get drunk, not all. Some have sex, not all. This isn't an 80's movie. My junior prom was sucky. Sure, I danced, laughed and had a little fun, but mostly it was sucky. I spent most of the night sulking and it was filled with pointless drama where most of my friends were either MIA or being little bit babies getting upset about stupid shit that didn't matter. On top of that, I didn't even have an actual date. Hopefully my senior prom will be better, but if you don't go to prom, don't be super upset about it. There would be no guarantee that your prom would turn out picture perfect like in the movies. It could end up being the worst night of your life or at least one of them. It certainly wasn't the best or funnest night of mine. I've had better.

Most Helpful Guy

• It sucks for the vast majority of people, both with and without a date. It is crowded with people you don't like, there were teachers everywhere chaperoning, and you are in no way guaranteed to get any. I've had more fun reading for homework than being there.

What Girls Said 5

• It was fun, I had a good time and got to go with the guy I liked, but it pales in comparison to the best nights I've had since then. Many of which were much less expensive too. All said and done I spent a couple hundred dollars on the whole experience. The ticket, the limo, the dress, etc. I'm still glad I went, but it wasn't as big of a deal as I hyped it up to be back then.

• I went to junior and senior prom. Had a blast at both. Only thing I missed was getting asked in one of those cute cheesy ways. I went to an all girls school. I went solo for junior and brought my cousin for senior.

• We don't even do proms in Greece, at least not in that sense.

• I never went to prom

• No. I didn't go to my first prom because the people I went to school with were dicks. The one I did go to two years later, eh, alright; expensive though

What Guys Said 6

• I have had far, far better nights just out at random with my friends than at my stupid formal (prom).

• Prom was fun, but wasn't a top 10 night of my life. Random nights in college were better than prom! :-D

• I never went to prom either

Only part I regret missing is the chance to get laid

Other than that, playing 2K with my friends sounds way more fun.

And it was.

• No it's over hyped. The best time in your life my high school days was unsupervised camp-out parties with bonfires and lots alcohol.

• I never went to mine. I heard afterwords that it kind of sucked anyways.

• Only if you get laid.