Should I have pulled over?

I live in Canada, I was on the highway and the max speed was 70km/h but I was at 90km/h, just like most of the cars around me. Suddently a police car started coming so I slowed down and then he started following me for about 20 seconds with his lights on. I was about to pull over but then he just went in front of me with no intention of blocking mem i, guess. At that moment he closed his lights. Then after maybe one km he stopped alone and I just passed him and he stayed there.

Should I have stopped or do I have a change to have a ticket by mail or anything?

Most Helpful Girl

• *Resists the urge to make a Canada joke*

He probably decided to be nice and let you go. You slowed down when he flashed his lights. He probably decided that you've learned your lesson (which you probably haven't lol) and will not speed in the future.

You cannot get a ticket without being informed of it. A traffic stop has to be made, your information has to be taken down by the officer.

• Thank you, I hope you are right but now I do check my speed on this road. I've learned a little bit from this.

What Girls Said 2

• No, you won't get a ticket, the officer let you go x

• Nope.. They can't ticket you without telling you why.
    He was prolly looking for someone

What Guys Said 3

• Yes you may get a ticket in the mail for failure to yield. He may have followed you for a minute to get your plate number & record on his dash cam that you didn't pull over.

• I think he was just telling you to slow down, but didn't want to pull you over

• No some one probably stole the same truck as you and he was just checking you license plate