Why is it illegal to kill yourself? Why is it consider a mental illness?

I mean why call it sucide why not let people do what they please?

0|0
1|6

Most Helpful Guy

• I find it ironic they want to help someone from not killing themselves but then when they fail they get put into a mental house and get tortured lol.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It is kind of a dumb law. People can technically "do what they please," though; I mean you can't get sent to jail or anything once you're dead. People will do it regardless of whether it's legal or not.

It's called "suicide" because... well, we use words to describe certain actions. Suicide isn't a mental illness; things like depression and anxiety are mental illnesses.

Euthanization and assisted suicide (i. e. whether people with terminal illnesses or painful medical conditions should be able to end their lives via medication at their own will) is a whole different topic, though...

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Depression is a mental illness and it can be quite easily treated. Suicide on the other hand is not illegal everywhere. What are they going to do anyways, arrest your corpse? There are sometimes when it is perfectly reasonable. The best example is older people suffering from terminal diseases.

1|0
    0|0
  • People outlaw it so that they can prevent the people who failed from trying it again in quick succession. It's harder to kill yourself in a jail cell or a psych ward than it is in the comfort and privacy of your own home.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's illegal?

Who has to deal with the legal ramifications? Your family?

1|0
    0|0
  • because people are always sticking their nose in other peoples business

1|0
    0|0
  • It's illegal depending on where you are. Laws changes depending on location

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!