Do you eat your hair?

It sounds weird and gross but I pull out my eyelashes and eat them. I know it's bad, though. Do you do this or know anyone who does?

Most Helpful Girl

• Please seek professional help.

• I have and I was diagnosed with OCD.

• You deserve so much better than "existing". There's nothing new they can try for you? Do you have a support group that might have ideas for you?

I'm so sorry you have to deal with all this :c

• I'll have to look into online support groups or something for the time being because I think doctors just want to put people on medication and be done with it. I appreciate you kind words, thank you.

What Guys Said 4

• You may want to be carefully with that eyelashes are not that bad but look up a girl named “Ayperi Alekseeva”

• Omg...

• Wtf... I don't want to eat food also now... so grossed out... I'm gonna puke...

• It's ok. In my situation I grind the lashes between my front teeth until they disappear so I don't think I have to worry too much.

• No.
    I prefer real food.

• Certainly not intentionally. Eghhh. You eat your hair? That's disgusting!!!

• I know, it's manifested into a compulsion. I'm not happy about it.

• No I don't eat hair. I just had a bowl of mini wheats.

What Girls Said 15

• No, I don't!

• ah no i dont do this...

• Ummm, no, I do not eat my hair, and I have no interest trying it. Don't know anyone who does. O_o

• Mmmm not at all.

• My puppy likes to eat my daughters hair.

• No I don't but some girls do put their hair in their mouth when they're nervous but I've never heard of them actually eating it or the eyelashes.

• I don't do this. There was a girl in my class who did that but she had learning difficulties and a variety of other mental health issues. She pulled her hair so much, she went bald and had to wear a wig. You have Trichophagia.

• Yes, I do have that. The trichotillomania manifested to trichophagia years later after OCD and anxiety became worse. I wear false lashes because I have none.

• nah i never did this

• Ew ew ew nooo 😣

• Are they eatable even?😂

• This is the weirdest think I read today (congratulations) O. oooooo

• No I don't eat my hair, no. And no, I don't know anyone who does either. It is not normal and should stop or seek help if you can't stop on your own.

• That's called trichotillomania. You should stop doing that because it's very unhealthy and it may lead to severe hair loss. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trichotillomania
    As for me, no I don't do that.

• I know. My lids are bald.

• Please, find a way to stop it.

• I'm doing my best... my doc wants me back on OCD medication but I'm afraid to commit to it again. It's terrible on and off of it.

• That is gross... you should try eating chocolates or real food instead of hair...

• I eat food. I have OCD which is where my trichotillomania comes from.

• I used to pull my hair and sometimes eat it and it was from anxiety i was 10 years old i used to have bald spots because of it :/

• I have ocd and anxiety :\

• Me too..://but I gradually stopped pulling my hair I only do it when Im very stressed but not as I used to which was pulling untill my head hurt and I don't eat it no more.

• I'm happy for you. My lids are completely bald and have to wear falsies every single time I'm around my boyfriend because I know if I don't he WILL ask about it.