Do you agree that money does make you happy?

I hate people that say money doesn't make you happy. Sure money alone will not make you happy but generally it will. Almost all anxiety could be solved with money. My anxiety stems from my student loans I'm taking out.. if my car breaks down. Not being able to buy clothes. I guarentee you if I had $50,000 in the bank right now for school and some luxury expenses I would indeed be a happier person. I personally think that people that say that are the people who didn't make it and gave up so they try to rationalize it. Agree or Disagree

• Money makes you happy but not money alone
  • Money doesn't make a difference in your happiness

Most Helpful Girl

• nah i agree with you. it is a means to happiness, but not the only one.

• What else is there?

• love, nature, people, success, health, courage, generosity, food [free food] lol :P laughter, stories... too too many to name. @richardthefrog

Most Helpful Guy

• "Anyone who says "money is the root of all evil"... doesn't fuckin' have any. They say "money can't buy you happiness? Look at the fuckin' smile on my face! Ear to ear, baby!"
    http://youtu.be/JfIKzReNDF4

What Girls Said 12

• I would be a hell of a lot happier typing this if I was in an amazing house, with enough money to never have to worry about whether I can afford a £1.50 bottle of Lucozade again :P

• That saying is meant for true happiness. Yes it would be a stress relief and even enjoyable. But when you hear that they are referring to the fact that you can have all the money in the world but if you don't have real friends, your family, or and (woman) to love and be loved by then you could never truly be happy. But you can be truly happy without a shit ton if money.

• I know I would be happier. It wouldn't fix my loneliness of course. If I won the lottery and people suddenly wanted to be my friend or date me, I'd be suspicious for sure. I wouldn't let anyone who has ignored me in the past be in my life.

However I like to travel. Right now I save up for trips. If i had a lot of money I could come and go when I wanted. Every time I go on a trip I feel happier and relaxed. So I think I would be happier than I am now.

• "I've been rich and I've been poor, and rich is better"
    -Beatrice Kaufman, wife of playwright George S. Kaufman. 1937.

• Makes life easier by default

• According to the poll money makes most of us happier.

• we're all vain

money's the way 2 go

• It can solve a lot of problems.

• It certainly helps, but there's a limit: www.huffingtonpost.com/.../...hmark_n_5592194.html

• "People say money can't buy happiness, but poverty sure ain't going help either".

Like you say money alone can't make you truly happy but it helps. A lot. And I agree with you that it's probably people who didn't make it and gave up who came up with this bs.

• If i have $2million in my bank account it would make me happy

What Guys Said 26

• it fucking DOES make people happy. doesn't matter about that philosophical shit where money doesn't equal happiness in the long run. no fuck that. straight up money MAKES people happy. the end.

• money can't buy you happiness. but i would rather cry in a mansion than a shack

• Over the years, I have realised that money is the ultimate source of happiness. And if we are careful with how we spend, money CAN keep us happy throughout our lives, either directly or indirectly.

• hell yeah it would make me happy. money gives you options and that's always a great thing.

• Money is a means to an end one of those being happiness money does not instill happiness but it does help you get to it.

• As Fabolous said, "Money don't buy happiness but it's a damn good down payment."

Money in itself can ease the stresses of life, thus making someone less unhappy, but it is possible to have lots of money but be emotionally empty.

• Money doesn't make you happy, but not having it makes you unhappy.

• All the problems I have right now could be solved with money.

• Money makes you happy to a certain degree, then the happiness decreases by marginal utility, of course the exact amount varies from person to person.

• my favourite quote on that topic

"mony doesn´t make you happy but it´s more comfortable to cry in a mercedes than on a bike in the rain" - I don't know

• Money doesn't make one happy. But it offers many more opportunities and paths towards happiness than not having money.

• To a certain extent

• money is the reason for all my unhappiness

• @RichardTheFrog precisely, i am still learning how to manage money, its all i ever seem to think about sometimes

• Makes sense...

• Money + Mansions, partying and sports cars = happiness.

• to a point yes,

• Whoever put the second option is either a wannabe hippie or just on the dumber side of things.

• Heck, I'm unhappy when I have no money.

• Satisfaction with items, not friends. They will just want your money

• money is the difference between going 95 on a corolla hearing the RPM max out and

• Literally the only thing that would make me happy is money.

• Anyone who says money doesn't buy happiness is FUCKING FULL OF SHIT

• Money talks dicks rocks, pussy mocks

• Money can't buy happiness, but it can rent it.

• The way I see it, money doesn't necessarily buy you happiness (it certainly might), but what it does buy is an end to a lot of sources of anxiety, despair, frustration, aggravation, and pure rage. You're a lot happier when you know that when the bills come, you can pay them and go on living your desired lifestyle. It doesn't stop you from living the way you want, or at least at the minimum level you are willing to accept. When the bills keep you from living your life, that's when you start to feel like a prisoner in your own life, just born to make money for your boss, pay bills, and die. Now that's a shitty feeling.

Money problems are a big reason why sometimes I'm a stressed-out, gloomy, and angry guy. I definitely think it's hurt my chances in the dating world and has also drained my energy in my own pursuits. Not having money has definitely influenced my personality and outlook on life, both for the worse. I hope I can change it one day, once I have more money.

Also think back to any minimum wage jobs you've had and look around you - it always seemed to me like those people also had a lot of other things going wrong in their lives as well. You'd always hear them complain and moan, or they'd be in a crabby mood. Man... it gets me mad just thinking about it. I don't want to be like that. Living small, feeling weak like you're in this life only to get beat up on every day, that just can't be what life is for.

There's also upsides of money, like being able to donate money or even your time (because you don't need to be spending that time working for money) to causes you like, or to be more generous to your family and friends. It's true that there are a lot of jerks with money, since money can turn people into jerks and I also feel that jerks are good at making money because they are more aggressive. But you can use money for kindness too. I know I'd rather be rich than poor any day. It's not even a question.

• Money is a means to happiness

• Look at it this way: can lack of money make you less happy? I would say yes, definitely.