What lie should I tell my parents about sleeping over at my boyfriends house?

I'm 23 and my parents are old-fashioned. Im not allowed to have a boyfriend. They believe in marriage. No sex before marriage etc. I've been with my boyfriend for over a year and I have to keep him a secret. He's my first boyfriend and I was a Virgin when we met. He's a good guy, lives on his own, works hard and treats me great. Unfortunately, my parents' opinion is important to me and I keep a lot of things to myself. I really wanna spend the night with him tonight. I haven't seen him in weeks, he was away for a deceased family members' funeral in Brazil. I need a good white lie to tell my parents about it. Can I have some suggestions?

Most Helpful Guy

• you're 23.

• But I come from a very strict religious family and moving out isn't an option now.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your 23, your an adult. U should be able to do whatever u want. If u truelly love this person u should just come out and tell them. What if it gets to the point of marriage? What will u do, what do u think they will think and do when they find out your engaged and then find out u have been together behind their back for years? Not a good idea, talking from experience. I'm married now and its never good to have secrets especially between loved ones. Like I said before u need to express your love to them about him. If u want to marry him someday its the right thing to do. Plus it will show him how much u really love him

• I am with her on that

• You're right and I was told this by a lot of people but I'm just terribly afraid of how they'll react. My parents are very opinionated people. They actually got married very young at 21 but will tell me I'm too young. My boyfriend is 27 by the way, and has mentioned it, but I always brush it to the side because I'm so deathly afraid of their reaction. I know it's stupid but I really don't need to hear the lecturing and my mother calling me a fool.

• people are fools when they r in love but that's whats supposed to happen. they can have their opinions and u can let it go in one ear and out the other. u don't need that negativity. and don't brush it off, that's not good. if he's brought it up that means its important to him. and like I said u wait to long the worse its gonna be when u do tell them. I hope you make the right decision, it will be hard but its for the best.

What Guys Said 5

• I'm going over to a friend's house... then later that night you call and tell them you are going to spend the night

• Thanks. At least somebody can give me an answer instead of lecturing me for once... my parents aren't gonna change. I need to keep lying.

• You're a grown ass woman...
    Just come clean...
    If you gotta lie to your parents about it then you shouldn't be doing it at your age.

• Maybe you can tell them since he's coming back, you two are going somewhere on a road-trip just for the sake of it?

• I can't help you lie to your parents, they're your parents so they will smell a rat anyway.

• You're an adult now, they can't tell you what to do. Grow up.

What Girls Said 10

• You need to make it this lie as believable as possible. So your going to need to get your friends in on it. Is there any concerts, events, etc going on around where you live? If so then buy the cheapest tickets possible and tell your parents your going with your friends to it. That because of how late it will be coming back your just going to crash at your friends place.

Now if your parents are bat shit crazy. The plan will fail because then they would follow you to the place you said you would be at. Then find out your not there.

• You are 23 three years old who gives a shit! If your parents disown you over having sex which is perfect natural then they didn't really love you enough to begin with! What a fucked up way to raise a child they should be ashamed! You are a grown woman tell them it's none of their business!

• I think you should tell them. They may not like the idea at first but they'll at least have a chance to get used to it. They're going to find out that you have a boyfriend anyway, and really it's ridiculous to not "let you" have a boyfriend. I mean how old would you have to be to be old enough, 30? 40?

• Tell them you're going to your friend's house to study because you have a huuuugeee test/exam tomorrow or something like that.

• you're 23. you can do what you like... but if you want to lie, then say you and a friend are going on a weekend trip.

• you're 23! You need to live your own life not the one your parents chose for you!

• Tell them it's a sleepover at your friend's house. It usually works pretty well.

• Lol used that one a few times

• You're an adult. You can tell them.

• You're staying over a friends house to study. Make it look good. Have that friend pick you up or something and drop you off at his house. It has to seem believable.

• Tell them that you're going to have a "sleep over" with one of your female friends?

• I tried that one before. You don't think they'd find out?