Why would you call someone Cute instead of Hot?

And do you view being called 'cute' as being worse than 'hot?'

0|0
5|6

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• hot is sexually attractive.. and cute is something adorable..

1|2
    0|0
  • I don't fancy calling people hot cause they're not temperatures, but sometimes I do too - when they are so attractive I couldn't help it. So yeah, for me hot is attractive and cute is adorable.

0|1
    0|1
    • Do you view 'cute' as less than hot?

• Show All
    • Or how about when someone calls you cute? would you rather be called hot? or vice versa?

• I don't mind both. I've been called both by different peeps.

• They mean the same thing on a basic level to me. Both compliments on looks. Both good. If he's going to throw a fit about being called cute then I'll just never compliment him again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Different meanings. Both are compliments.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• I don't think "cute" is worse. I would use the words "cute", or better yet "pretty", "gorgeous", "lovely", or "beautiful" to describe what most would call "hot".

While I have no problem using the word "hot" to describe something like a car, I never liked using it to describe a girl. When used to describe a person, it just sounds cheap and trashy to me. Like, it's a word I'd associate with, say, strippers or other such women that present themselves in a very sexual way but not very intellectually or interesting, or with any feeling behind it. I'd rather call a girl I have feelings for "cute" or "beautiful".

0|1
    0|0
  • Because they looked like a fluffy bunny.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hot is sooo corny, cute means you're pretty but I'm not trying to over do it

0|2
    0|0
  • Cute/cutie = dateable
    Hot/sexy = dateable

Both are equally good, but I much prefer cute women.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hot is weak vocabulary, cute means he has a life. Get it?

0|0
    0|0