I haven't seen my boyfriend for over a year, should I tell him that he have a son? Would you want to know?

My boyfriend is in another country he traveled to visit his uncle because he is the last one in his family but he died when he reached there. it's been a year and seven months now and I didn't see him, he's stuck there and he can't find a job and he lost his passport and he can't find it. I asked him to travel to him many times but he said no it's dangerous, he refuse to let me send him money or help him with anything. When he left i found out that i am pregnant and i was scared to tell him anything about it so I kept it from him until now. He said he will be back soon and we're talking everyday on the phone because he can't buy a new laptop for now but I don't know if I should tell him or not about his son. I mean this is a miracle because we've been trying for 3 years and the doctors said we can't have a baby for a medical reasons but it happened. Still I'm scared to tell him.

• Fuck! Tell him
  • Don't tell him
  • He have enough problems for now so don't say it

Most Helpful Guy

• I would want to know I had a son regardless of the circumstances. That is life changing and he has a right to know.

• Would you want to know even if you were in his place? I don't even know how to say it to him

• Yes. Absolutely.

I would say look, I have news to share with you that has been tormenting me and I should have told you a long time ago but didn't know how. Before you left we were successful in getting our bodies together and we have a son. He is a healthy baby boy named ----. I can't wait for you to meet him and I haven't known how to tell you given our situation.

• Thank you for everything

Most Helpful Girl

• Well it's either tell him or make him wonder why the heck a child seemingly popped into your lives out of nowhere. And if it's his and you've been trying to have one it should be good news right?

• It's his baby and yes it should be a good news but I'm afraid of his reaction. What if he was like GREAT! this is what I need right now or something like that? I could be wrong on that but i'm really worried and scared

• Ok i guess I should be brave and tell him everything. Thanks for both of you guys

• You're welcome, good luck! :)

What Guys Said 2

• I think the best thing to do is to tell him as soon as you can. You've left it long enough already. I guess your child is nearly a year old. He has a right to know, regardless of any issues he has.

• you should tell him, but maybe wait till he is about to come home first

What Girls Said 1

• You need to tell him...
    I mean even if he stays out there 5 years and then comes home, what are you supposed to do? Surprise honey!
    I would have told him I was pregnant the minute I knew. I would have been sending baby photos and videos. He's missed out on his first words, his first steps, everything. I know you're scared but imagine that was you. You're only going to make it worse and worse by not telling him and it looks increasingly like the child is someone else's the longer you don't tell him.

Stop the damage. Let that little boy know who his father is and let his dad know that he is a dad.

• At the risk of sounding a bit cruel, I don't care if you're scared. This isn't about you anymore, this is about your son.