Racial minorities, do you ever forget that you're not white?

I know it's kind of an odd question but I'm a little curious.

• Yes, this has happened to me before.
  • No, what are you going on about?
  • I'm white

Most Helpful Guy

• Nonwhites are reminded everyday that they aren't white. It isn't something the majority really have to think about.

Most Helpful Girl

• As a white person, this question is sort of upsetting and eye-opening. It must be tough to constantly be aware of something as seemingly trivial as the way you look and the color of your skin. I have the luxury of never having to think about my whiteness, since I fit in with the "standard" look of my country. I hope things even out over time, and people become less racially biased.

What Guys Said 13

• depends where you live. there are more East-Asian people than any other race
    so white people are a minority in a global sense

But yes, i do realize i will never be white, and i am so happy i am olive skinned, the white girls like it ;)

• Go up to any minority in America and ask that question, please.

I'll be here waiting for the shit storm to occur.

• I guess I shouldn't of asked this. I know someone who is black and he tells me that he sometimes forgets it so that's why I asked.

• As a mixed blood, sometimes its not always the most important issue that I think of or get attention for but I always personally remember that I am not entirely of Caucasian descent.

• No, I don't want to be white. I'm happy with who I am.

• I am of mixed race, but I am reminded every day that I am not white.

• Good question well I would say no because every time I look down I see my hands and they aren't white hahaha

• Nope, society right there with the reminders

• It might happen but i don't see being a major problem, this is 2015 not 1960's

• How could I forget? This question is repulsive.

• I'm Mexican, so, if you have a clue then you get the fucking picture.

• I dont really care about that ,, so i forget about it everyday until i saw this question

• I LOVE being half black/Indian/Asian... then white

• Do you ever forget your not black?

What Girls Said 11

• Sometimes I forget I am white. For example; when I dance LOL

But, it saddens me to know that people out there still see themselves as a color or race besides basic stereotypes and cultures. Racism to me is one of the ugliest, dirtiest things in the world and it burns me. You shouldn't be telling yourselves that because you're a certain color you're any different. You are different because of your cultures, and that's awesome. But you're no less entitled to be on this earth than anyone else.

• The dynamics are changing in society the minorities will be the majority by 2044 as interracial marriage and babies are a developing trend. I'm a minority since I'm Hispanic, Mexican-American but I have never felt nor wanted to be white. I'm proud of my heritage but American nonetheless. I find your question to be dense as hell by the way.

• I ask this because I have a friend who has said they have experienced it. I was wondering if anyone else did.

• This isn't fucking weird at all

• Wuuuuuut I just need to look in the mirror to see that I'm not white, so No.

• I don't really see how that's possible but ok.

• I don't really get it either. My friend says this has happened to him so I don't know what to think.

• Oh ok, well no to answer your question. It's kinda hard forget since I look in the mirror daily

• Huh?

I'm so confused 😐

• when i was in school people made fun of me because im short and Asian

• It's a dumb question

• Well, I mean 8 people answered yes so it really can't be that dumb.

• I'm reminded all the time that I'm not white

• Society has a way of constantly reminding me. So no, I have never forgotten.

• What do you mean forget that I'm not white? I'm completely aware that I'm not white at all times. How could I forget?

• you mean get treated like a white person orr