Is This girl racist?

There's this girl at my school. We are both black. There are a lot of black kids at my school so naturally I have a lot of black friends. I am going to hang out with a friend and I asked her if she wanted to come with me to his house. She told me she's really bored and had nothing to do. She said yeah i want to go And then she asked me what kind of guy is he. I said he's a sophomore and on the soccer team and she said I mean what kind of guy is he black white, hispanic? And I said he's black. A few minutes later she said I might actually have something else planned tomorrow. Then she asked me why are all my friends black. There are more white people at our school so why don't I ever see you with white friends?
i do have white friends but she has way more white guy friends than me. She loves taking pics with white guys.. And showing them to me. So I was like "well you don't have to go if you don't want to"

I definitely have my opinions about this but what do you think?

• She's racist
  • She's not racist
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• i'd say she may be a bit of a self-hating black person and she assumes her value as a person is heightened because she can associate with white people. she may just not like black guys (and she may have reasons) but to sort of disqualify being around black men in general would suggest that she has a prejudice towards them

Most Helpful Girl

• I think she might be racist towards black guys because she is friends with you. I can see why some people think it's a matter of preference but in this situation all you did was invite her to hangout at a guys house. It's not like you were trying to set them up with each other. I have no problem with her hanging out with white guys or having more white friends but to dismiss someone based on color and gender is wrong.

What Guys Said 4

• Not just racist, but self-hating too. It's truly sad.

• Like who cares what race they are? I don't befriend based on race? I just meet people who are black but I have plenty of white friends on my volleyball club team

• this is going to be different than what everyone says but its my opinion. it sounds like she may just prefere white guys over black after all there's a lot of black men who prefer white women its just a matter of preference. she may even think your racist if your not hanging out with white people. im sure that's not the case, and I don't think she's racist I find it hard to believe she would be racist against her own race. don't be to hard on her

• Um I have lots of white friends just not at school? Are you serious? I don't care what race my friends are and it certainly wouldn't be the first question I ask when I'm about to meet someone.

• if you missed it I said I didn't think you were racist. I was trying to say she may feel more comfortable around white people. I wasn't trying to offen you sorry!

• So she doesn't want to hang out with Black people all the time so what.
    I sometimes get tired of White people since we are everywhere. Diversity never hurt anyone.

• Well, based on everything you just said, I would assume she's racist.

• That's what I think to but she's black so I don't know

• Oh, missed that part, haha... that's so sad.

What Girls Said 5

• Maybe she really did have something else planned. If she is friends with you then maybe she isn't racist. If she is into white guys maybe she was like "meh that guys not white I don't see the point in going". Maybe she is tired of being around only her race and wants some diversity.

• Nah, she's not racist... Just not into black guys!

• She's self prejudice without a doubt.

• Eh I doubt it how can she be racist against black guys when she's black herself? Maybe she just wants to date a white guy.

• Yes. Punch her ignorant self in the face :)

• Yeah I was like wtf...

• I don't understand people at all. And it's not like she's keeping her racism to herself, she's trying to pressure you into her stupidity. As if a black person can't be a good person. If she was talking about my friends like that...

I am just really protective over my friends

• Whoops lol. I reread it and found out she isn't racist