Would you give up sunlight, food, normalcy for immortality?

To be a vampire?
Why and why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Certainly not.

Immortality actually scares me. I love sunsets and sunrises. Most of all, I despise the idea of murdering people.

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely.
    I don't like sunlight anyways, I prefer darkness, night time, daylight has the tendency to annoy me.
    Food is yummy, but you won't be craving it as a vampire. Blood will be what it's all about and that's completely fine with me.
    Giving up normalcy... Awesome! Normal is boring anyways, I strive to be different.
    I've always wanted to be a vampire, it's my dream, I'd be willing to give up a lot to be one. ❤

What Guys Said 11

• I think there is no need of giving up sunlight.. i have a ring which protects me from sunlight when i turn into a vampire!!!
    Coming to food, i think there is much more in blood than in food !!!
    Lastly normalcy, who wants to be normal? may be if everyone wants to be , but I don't want to be in anyway!!!
    Advantages :
    1: I can flirt with girls until i get into a stage where i get bored of that.. actually there is no such stage at all. So chill...
    2: I can see the generations coming and going..(evolution of earth).
    3: May be i can see people migrating from earth to mars.
    4: I can make a home on top of mount everest.
    5: There is no need to worry about time.
    6: For suppose i'm your guy , then there is no chance of disappointing you , because i won't let you wait for me as i'm too fast.
    7: I can live on every place on the earth ( 10 -20 years at each place, if i like it more, then i will be staying for more years ).
    8: If i'm in love with a girl, then i don't have to worry about our life (who dies first? if she dies.. that pain is too hard ). So, i will make her into a vampire too !!!
    ALL HAPPIES...

• Sure why not?
    1) because I can do all the crazy shit that I have been doing for eternity
    2) i can surprise my close friends
    3) chicks dig a vampire now apparently
    4) super human powers means I can save more lives
    5) so I don't have to deal with morons... why not simply let them... disappear per se

• No.

Immortality is overrated.

• Vampires need to drink the blood of virgin girls so Id starve to death.

• No, hell no, and no again.

• Probably

I mean, forever young and all that!

And I'd learn to take risks!

• Why are you obsessed with vamps?

• No, the human mind would not want to live forever... death is a blessing in disguise

• Sure. -------------------------

• I would like be a vampire, but not forever. I'm already immortal.

• No, I don't want immortality. Watch this:

https://youtu.be/_YbVsEhNuT0

What Girls Said 9

• Yes, most of my hobbies are in doors anyway. I can be quite the hermit.
    I'll use the time to learn everything about anything. Figure how the world's biggest problems. Especially in medicine. Maybe I can help people out. (I'm in med school right now)
    The bad thing is it will be lonely but I think I can deal with it.

• No. Where's the fun in living if you can only come out at night, give up any binges at McDonald's or your favourite sushi restaurant? Not really sure what you mean by giving up normalcy but... nah. Food is life, and I love being out in the sun.

• I actually don't like the sun that much anyway and I'm already pale. I'd get bored being immortal though... and I'd miss pizza too much

• I would totally give up those things to become a vampire. Sunlight already burns me, normalcy is boring and while I would miss cooking I am not attached to eating. Becoming a vampire and having pseudo-immortality would mean infinite time to read and to learn. But I suppose it would also come with the pain of outliving anyone that you liked, and slowly becoming jaded and bitter as you accumulate more knowledge and experiences... I wonder if it's worth it? xD

• I am a vampire and I gave up meat so I guess I'll be fine :')

• Why vampire? Can't I be some other creature :D
    But if it came down to it, sure. I can basically do what I want then.

• No way cause I like red wine, which has to be better than blood.

• Absolutely not, I don't see what is so great about immortality.

• I wouldn't want to live forever.