People think I'm stupid? What do I do about this?

I have a learning disabilty and had issues with spelling ever since I was little. Even when I saw the word, I would sometimes switch letters around. Beacuse of this, when I type, I sometimes make spelling mistakes. My tablet doesn't have spell check on some websites (ie this one) so, I look them up on google, but still make mistakes. People point it out and don't take me seriously and I been called stupid a few times. What do I do about this?

It gives my anxiety because I'm trying my best to not mistakes and when I do, they igrone everything I say and only see my spelling mistakes.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't worry about it, i'm well educated and people who didn't pass anything in high school think i'm a moron... I just got promoted but the people who didn't think i'm an idiot. But you know what? I work hard and I know things they have no clue about, it doesn't matter what they think i'm doing well and they're bitter and sour about that. Nothing can stop you achieving what you want to! Especially when you know that you're not stupid and you will have people who know you aren't. I mean the people who say bad things about me, how well do they know me? They don't! My friends who like me? Yeah they know me very well.

Most Helpful Girl

• I also struggle with a learning disability, though mine does not relate to spelling but often math and sometimes even basic mechanics (some things come easy to me and some things don't). For me, the only thing that has ever worked is figuring out the best way I learn: for me, it's consistent visual repetition.

A fraction for example: I have to see HOW the conclusion is made. Forget the calculator, and show me how to do it long form. I repeat the long-form until it becomes familiar and continue to do it so I don't forget. When it comes to letters and spelling, I would say that the best thing for you to do is to read (books, articles, etc) and consistently write. If you find yourself constantly reversing or switching letters, you could actually have dyslexia, which may require a different approach. Unfortunately all I can speak from is my personal experience.

What Guys Said 4

• You can’t change other people but it sounds like you are already on the right track. The important thing to keep in mind is that if you know who you are what the hell does it matter what other people think of you.

• There will be assholes everywhere... including the internet.

I would recommend using a different keyboard app if you're using an Android or an iPod.

• My kindle only works with one keyboard app (that I am currnetly using) and all it does is make the keys and letters bigger which does help a little bit.

• Have u tried Go Keyboard or SwiftKey and see if they are compatible with your Kindle?

• Don't worry about it. I can understand you perfectly. I think you're brilliant.

• 0|0

What Girls Said 5

• "Talk, talk, talk: the heartbreaking Stupidity of words.
    -William Faulkner

The One thing in life, @OnceUponADream143 that I despise the Most are people who think they are smart but Instead: STUPIDITY Rules them Instead in their head.

You may have a Little 'Learning Disability' but as wise as I am, I can see that Your: *Heart of gold, for young and old, Supersedes Anything Anyone has with their Smart mouth and no Brain and No Gain.
    -Paris Nicholsxx

• Don't let it bother you, tell them that you're dyslexic so they can understand why you spell things wrong (even if you're not dyslexic) it can be easier to say you have dyslexia than a learning disability. Or it is for some. I'm dyslexic and words move and morph letters don't look right and I have post it notes every where to help me my friends joked about it and I told them not to as its serious and asked them how they'd like it if I made fun of them. They don't do it anymore, maybe you can do the same :)

• I'm guessing you have Dyslexia and there's nothing to be ashamed of. You have a disability you're not stupid. So what if you make a few spelling mistakes pleanty of kids can't spell words and they don't have an excuse.

Just try to avoid them and try your best. That's all you can do :)

• Just relax and keep practicing, and you're not stupid you just are dyslexic. Plus, plenty of people make typos. I know I do.

• Ignore those ignorant assholes