Is it normal to think about suicide (but without being suicidal)?

Dont get me wrong! In no way am I intending to kill myself! I just noticed that I somehow think about it a lot and about different ways to suicide, I even worked out entire plans in my head lol. I'm pretty sure I'm not depressed or anything but don't we all have those moments where we're down? For some reason it calms me down to think about suicide in those situations. I'm certain I'm never gonna do it so no need for concerned or alarmed comments here 😅 I'm just wondering if it's normal to have these kinds of thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is not that strange. I have done it and usually have on plan or other in the back of my mind if I ever feel like offing myself. At this point I am leaning towards the Kurt Cobain method.

• Ahh that would be so brutal for those who are gonna find you tho I'd prefer something more gentle like poison followed by a sleeping pill so I'll die in my sleep and it'll look more peaceful 😅

• That is a good point. I remember reading somewhere that women who attempt suicide always worry about the people that find them and the cleanup after it happens. I have also see statistics that there are way more suicide attempts done my women/girls but there are more successful suicides done my guys. Fyi my cousin used a prescription medication to OD and she was female.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah probably normal, its a topic of strategy so it can be interesting to think about. Plus if you thought about ways to kill someone else then people would think you were a murderer or something so easier to think of how to kill yourself, much more interesting haha ;)

What Guys Said 2

• I'd say it's normal because everyone has something differnt to think about when they have time. Some think about how the universe was created, some think about what to eat for dinner, some think about how cute that guy from the coffee shop was.

• I do that sometimes, it cheers me up a little.

What Girls Said 0