What is the meaning of "Life is just a soap bubble"?

So I overheard a friend say "Life is just a soap bubble" and was wondering what it means exactly. How do you interpret this quote?

Does it have something to do with the duration of life or? (I know it might be a silly question but was just wondering how you guys would interpret it)

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm if I have to take a guess

It might mean that life is short, you don't know when life is going to end so live it to the fullest

You don't know when that bubble is going to pop, but it sure is short

• Hmm, I like your interpretation and would say that I agree with it.

• Also, you only live once
      same as the bubble

Most Helpful Girl

• The way i see it, life is a beautiful fragile thing that last jut a short time...

• Thanks for your input :)

What Guys Said 2

• One moment is here and the next is gone

• Thanks for your input :)

• np also forgot to mention that life is a bubble in a way that just like the slightest wind can pop the bubble the slightest mistake can ruin your life :P

• I though it was virginity?

One prick and it's gone forever.

• It could be but my friend was referring to something else so doubt it was that haha. Thanks anyway :)

What Girls Said 1

• "Life is just a soap bubble" This does not only say about the duration of life but also fragility and uncertainty of life. Just think about the life of universe which is 14 billion years and what is our life compared to it. We don't even know what would happen the next second of our life. We think we control everything in life but we don't.