Is it wrong the more I learn about black culture, the more I just want to stay away from it?

Don't get me wrong I'm not being a racist, but a lot of what I see and hear just throws me off, if this bad?

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends, black culture goes beyond black Americans and Africans. There's black people in Jamaica, Haiti, The Dominican Republic, Cuba, The Virgin Islands, Canada, England, etc. Anywhere that there is culture you'll find black people, so if you don't like what you've learned, pick a random place on the map and choose to learn about the black people in that area.

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you talking about American black culture?(as others have noted black culture can apply to most any black group in the world). I think each generation has a different culture (here in america), I personally don't understand some of it. Hating a culture however is different then hating a people. Culture is ideas and frankly I hate a lot of them so I don't see anything wrong with that so long as each individual is judged on there actions.

What Girls Said 3

• Why are you such a coward to hide behind an anon button?

• What exactly do you consider "black culture"?

• No, its just your opinion

What Guys Said 4

• Black culture is rich and varied, what do you mean by black culture?

• It's ignorant, but not "wrong"

• U don't have to like it. Don't let people tell u otherwise.

• Is it hard to stay away?