Best addiction?

Okay, so the other day my mom and her friend were talking, they said men can have 4 addictions: smoke, drink, sex or drugs (something stronger than alcohol and cigarettes).

Out of those 4. Which is the best one? With this I mean which is the less harmful?

I'll go with smoke. I think it doesn't hurt anyone but yourself.
Being alcoholic causes violence, same with drugs, and being promiscuous is harmful because of std's.

My mom's ex said out of those 3, the best was promiscuity.

• Smoke
  • Drink
  • Sex
  • Drugs
  • Meh, gimme the results bish
  • Legalize it and don't criticize it (I'm listening to that song right now XD)
  • And because I always do it: an option that is offensive to me. "goddamn Amy, such a stupid question, none of those is good, wtf is wrong with you?"
Didn't see that coming... Do people actually think being promiscuous is okay? 😱
Oh well, fuck this.
Okay, I fucked up. By "sex" I meant BEING PROMISCUOUS and cheating and stuff lol... Do you still think that's okay?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't find promiscuity a very big problem. People have different views of what a relationship should or can be like. Monogamy is one option but it's not the only option. As for the STDs, I find it rather silly that people on this site constantly connect promiscuity with STDs. If you protect yourself decently, nothing at all can happen. My best guy friend lives very promiscuously and he's just fine.

As for the other three things: smoking also causes a lot of harm. Not just to yourself but also to others. There's a reason many countries prohibit smoking in public buildings or smoking inside your car when you have children on the backseat. There's passive smoking, where you basically always have to breath in other people's smoke although you don't smoke yourself and that's just as bad as smoking (according to some studies, it's actually even WORSE than smoking yourself). It's also rather disgusting in my opinion. I go to college by bus and train because we don't drive so much, we mostly use public transportation in my country and there's nothing worse than standing at the train station at 7 in the morning and somebody exhales the smoke of his/her "morning cigarette" right into your face. It makes me wanna puke in these people's faces.
    I don't think I wouldn't want to have any girlfriend with a serious addiction to anything. Addition is per se something bad.

• Yeah, sure, smoke is not very good but I think is better than promiscuity, (even if you're saved from STDs) in my opinion promiscuous people can't get enough... their partner needs to have a high sex drive so they don't get bored. If the partner is not very freaky, then it would lead them to cheat.

Promiscuity without risk of STDs and without a partner is the best out of those, I agree.

• Or if they have a partner who's fine with it ;-)

• yeah, that is also good. It's difficult to find someone like that tho.

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously, addiction isn't good. Things in moderation is better. But if I had to pick out of the 4, I would says sex is the least harmful. You can protect yourself against STDs and pregnancy. There are definitely issues, both physical and mental for being addicted to sex, though.

But with drinking, you are damaging your liver, your heart (stroke, Cardiomyopathy , etc) sexual dysfunction, mouth issues, alcohol poisoning, etc.

Smoking can cause lung cancer (even second hand smoking), COPD (my grandfather passed away due to this), heart disease, cervical cancer, blood cancer, infertility, etc.

Drugs are bad for your body and can cause organ failure, illness, disabilities, death, etc.

What Guys Said 18

• Your mother and her friend were wrong. Men can have more than just 4 addictions. There's also food, Internet, and gaming addictions too.

• I voted drugs, only because of Marijuana. I'd much rather have a girl smoke pot, than fuck everything in site and bring home HIV. Alcoholics deteriorate quick, I've seen that dysfunction my whole life. Smoking is really bad when women are pregnant, and children can breathe in the second hand smoke, not only myself. Aside from that think of the problems when a loved one gets cancer. Especially when they have an intentional bad habit known to be the number 1 cause of lung cancer and heart disease. Hard drugs also would be a problem, Crack, Meth or Heroin would be the worst.

• Sex by far. Just keep doing it with the same person. Like, 16 times a day

• How is sex harmful, like, at all, unless you only hire prostitutes.

• Read the description lol

• Really dude? A nympho without cheating? Hard to believe for me.
      The person needs to be a nympho too I guess, have the same sex drive

• If your partner is really good at sex, or you don't get into serious relationships, you don't have to cheat.

• Scientists say that having sex gives the highest amount of dopamines released in the brain. For me I haven't done any of those you mentioned lol

• I have an addiction to Gag.

• you can protect against STDs pretty good... but smoking is known to cause lung cancer... sry but this is not even close lol

• and it's proven that people who inhale passively the smoke a lot are at a higher risk too, so it's not only yourself

• Your updates totally changed everything 😂

• Say what you will about sex, but the crack rock never leaves you for its Jamaican yoga instructor...

• I'm addicted to tapwater.

• Smoke, as in, weed smoke

• I'd rather have sex cause you can actually protect yourself somewhat from sTD but not from lung cancer if you smoke, not from liver cancer if you drink and drugs I dont even need to say. sex isn't exactly a healthy addiction either but at least you can reduce the danger of it significantly with condoms

• I'm addicted to, masturbation. It's a healthy addiction. Love orgasms

• Smo smo smo smoke weed everyday !!!

• sex i mean nothing like cumming then getting a sandwich lol

• Smoking cigarettes are in the same category as drugs. Y'know, the nicotine?
    Anyway drug addictions are hell

• Smoke can hurt. Its called second hand smoking. Don't want to be around smokers.

• Promiscuous sex is still the less harmful, as long as the guy wears a condom.

• Egg rolls
    .,.,.,

What Girls Said 4

• None of the above. Addiction to fun stuff/cool stuff. That's my choice.

Plus, I'm not addicted to any of these things (except sex perhaps), so I want the same from my SO.

• I think all are harmful. There's second hand smoke which isn't good to the people surrounding the smoker. As for alcohol, I might be bias cause I do drink xD but as long as you're not drunk, you're fine - so I think imma go with that. Drugs could ruin your live, I've seen so many people's lives that got ruined just cause of drugs. Promiscuous is never okay lol.

p/s : I accidentally clicked into the question before answering hence saw the update lol xD else I would've gone with 'sex'.

• ... why is this even a question? Being promiscuous hurts no one, so long as you're safe about it. Smoking, drinking, and drugs all hurt the people around you, as well as yourself.

And promiscuity =/= cheating. You can be promiscuous, and then still commit to a relationship.

• I have no clue 😐