What does it take for you to forgive someone?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on what it is, if its not too serious a honest apology will do it. If its something more serious then if it can be forgiven... Then itll be probably time and something done on the other persons part. But just because i forgive you doesn't mean ill fall for it again. It just means im not mad at you anymore, so it could change the relationship.

If by forgiving someone you mean putting yourself into a position to get messed over by them again then its not forgiven and probably won't be. But if by forgiven you mean not mad at you for it... Then itll come with time and participation on the other persons part.

Most Helpful Girl

• depends on what it was. sometimes a simple apology will do, sometimes it'll take a few days, weeks, months, or sometimes i will never forgive them.
    ever.

What Guys Said 9

• Their foreskin as a token of their sincerity.
    Their pinky will suffice if they were mutilated as a child.

• Courage and selflessness. Courage because they do not always deserve it and because the wrong may be repeated. Selflessness because forgiveness means giving up a debt that they would otherwise owe you (but almost certainly will never pay).

• Totally depends on what they did. Sometimes it can be a simple apology; sometimes I need them to sacrifice a goat in my honor. If what they did was bad enough it will never happen.

• A very sincere sorry and the person very honestly admitting what went wrong and why it went wrong.
    And, he or she should be willing to work on it. People make mistakes and do stupid things but to be forgiven they need to give me some good reasons to make me believe it won't happen again :D

• I feel like I forgive easily, if they appear to be genuine. But to be my friend again or close in my life, getting back would be very difficult. I'm quite selective in whom I spend time with, since time is a very valuable, limited resource.

• Well that depends on what they did of course.

• depends of course what happened... but if I know that he/she honestly regrets it... that's a good start

• About 5 minutes and something to do.

• They must accept me as their god.

What Girls Said 8

• If they're my loved ones. I don't forgive people, ever. So unless I love them, else I'd never forgive them.

• i'm not the type of person to forgive

• This depends on what happened and if it's really something serious or not. There are certain things that just won't do it with apologies.

• Them feeling really heartbroken over it and actually asking for my forgiveness. And is willing to do things to make up for it

• It will depend on what they did to get to that position of wanting forgiveness. If it's something that wasn't too serious, probably just a day.

• An apology

• Just a sincere apology and a change in their ways. Nothing says 'I'm sorry' better than fixing up

• Depending on what they did to me it may take second, day or life time..