Why are people so mean?

why are people so mean?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Someday I'll be living in a big old city and all you're ever gonna be is mean

Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me and all you're ever gonna be is mean.

Why do you have to be so mean? :)

What Guys Said 32

• I find this question really hard to answer because the more you think about it, the more reasons come to the surface. I never understood meaness but that is not to say I wasn't mean on occasion.
    (1) Are people born mean? - I like to think not but circumstances change them into the first class of mean "Pure Mean"
    (2) The second class of mean are those who do it to make themselves feel better by putting someone else down
    (a) Jealousy plays a huge issue in the first sub group of this section. The victim has something they don't (perceived popularity, perceived good looks, money, love etc )
    (b) Peer pressure ( the bully ) the most cowardly group who join in with the pack to fit in by picking on weakest link.
    (c) The hurt who will lash out because of the pain they are feeling.
    My initial feelings about this question was going to be a rant about cowards and bullies. I have been very lucky in life in that I have a personality that will refuse to acknowledge any attempts to belittle me. I have just said to myself that I have finite time and energy for this world, I am not going to waste it getting upset or fighting back against people who try to bully me, I will just move onto people who love/care for me and who have a positive influence on my life. The important thing is to completely ignore them to extent that you probably forget what happened an hour later.
    Sometimes I look at the world and think "There is enough people trying to put you down so why encourage them by thinking bad about yourself or paying attention to bullies. Love yourself more each day and imbue your life with an increasing positive self awareness".
    geniusquotes.org/.../Truly-love-yourself-quote.jpg
    www.runnersmusings.com/.../7688491_orig.jpg
    www.searchquotes.com/.../...25_Think-positive.jpeg

• "Are people born mean?"
      I think most people kind of are born into a kindness bell curve. Some kids I've met are just naturally very kind and mindful of others, while other kids I've met are kind of naturally selfish and have very little empathy. I've noticed these traits develop at very early ages in a lot of kids.

• People are mean cause their miserable with their life's kind of sad
    it's all got to do with parental upbringing and how people are raised
    some have no cautious , i am loving person would give my right arm
    and have always been the one suffered abuse

• that gif lol

• Because they have issues within side themselves and instead of solving them they blame everyone else. This is why it makes me wonder that while we have much more technology in our lives now if we really have a much better life? 50 or 60 years ago we may not have had the technology but people were much nicer and had much more respect for people.

• Too many people in the world, too many different agendas

Its a perpetuating cycle at this point, everyone is out to get everyone wether you believe it or not. No one would ever give up a higher paying job for you... its all competition, between everyone

• I sometimes have a hobby of irritating the mean people -- that's just a way of fun to me. But sometimes I rather "use" them as a tutorial -- to figure out how to deal with them better and ultimately make them do what I want. Anyway, I have a long way to go in that tutorial.

• @Genie23 lol she took your gif

Because they have forgotten how to have fun. Or they are taking out their own inner/outer life stuggles on others

• Because they get away with it.

• Do you got like an hour or two to talk? lol 😅

• Everyone is sometimes, but not always. Some people are less mean than others. I always try to be nice. No one is perfect, so I can loose my temper at times, but not always. I'm nice almost all the time!

• Sad but Its human nature

• You provided no details whatsoever. How can we properly answer your question? To me it seems like you aren't being serious.

• Because they have personal issues within themselves, so they bring others down by being mean to them in attempts that bringing others down will make them's selves feel better.

• Dont take it personal. I just walk around expecting everyone to be an asswhole so i dont expect anything from anyone.

• Lmao that gif. Thank you for it.

• Cause it's not possible yet to virtual backhand people right across their face

• If everybody was nice, what would be nice then?

• Because people are just buttholes. Dirty, smelly buttholes. :(

• They have big egos and big feelings

• I don't know, but they will always be a part in Life
    It's included in the package

• Tell me about it.

• Because people suck

• Because...🎶nice guys finish last🎶 Greenday:)

• That's how the way they are... now shut up

• noobdy has to be nice.

• no i am not. what did you say?

• Because we secretly all hate each other in some way, shape, or form

• because they live a shitty life, and people around them have been mean to them... fuck them

• They don't know how to deal with peoples differences. They think that their way, is the right way, no other

• what an epic gif omg.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 14

• I love that gif and because they are having a bad day, don't know they are being mean, are insecure and try to put others down to make themselves feel better, or enjoy being mean.

• Love that movie!

But I don't know. I was just thinking that. Like people are so bitchy and rude for no reason. It's annoying. And draining. I don't get it. Some people feel like they have a reputation to uphold by bitch ing as rude and mean as possible. Try not to let them dim your light babe.

• Ohhh my goodness I feel ya. I think it's just human nature to be an asshole I don't know. Everyone is an asshole to an extent there isn't one person that I can think of where I can go "Hey he was such a nice guy!" because everyone by nature is self interested and greedy. But people are capable of being really nice... just there is no way someone is 100% always sweet :P

• Because they can't seem to get this huge pole out of their ass. So the discomfort makes me lash out at everyone else. :D

• because they like to annoy others

• cause people dont realise that they are mean to real people. they just send a rude mean comment to someone from behind their phone or computer and dont actually think that they are writing this to another person. they are cowards and a bunch of cunts.

• They didn't get a lot of love during their childhood or they feel left out

• people just have no heart these days. media and the way they are raised can be the blame lol

• They just are honey... they just are :(

• Because it's a dog eat dog world.

• no idea I'm not sure why some people can be mean

• Misery loves company.

• That Looks Who's Talking Now gif sums up my feelings towards mean people. I don't know why some people have such hostility and animosity to strangers, but they do... and it's sad.

• Haters gonna hate