Whats the most amount of money you've ever spent on a hobby?

First of all what hobby is it and 2nd thats the most you ever spent on it?

0|0
23|15

Most Helpful Girl

• Well the recurve I brought was $300 and I brought 6 carbon fibre arrows which cost $15 each. A quiver which cost me $35 and $325 for full membership per year at the archery club. A total of $750.

If you want to talk about my soft tail motorcycle? That cost me $12,000 second hand. My cbx250 cost me $1000 and the ninja I got, was a hand down from daddy 😃

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Several thousand dollars in sailing (getting ASA certified, club dues, and boat rental)
    Worth every penny of it.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 22

• Video games (Wii, psp, nds etc) and music (piano, cello and guitar - tho I did learned saxophone and violine for a short period of time).

Needless to say, even for music alone it can cost up to thousands already.. I've learned piano for 9 years, guitar for 10 and cello for 7..

0|1
    0|0
    • Lol fck it. Guitar was only 7 years and cello is 8 years, counted wrongly jeez

• $2500 on my horse.

1|1
    0|0
  • I've spent hundreds of dollars on books. Reading is my number 1 hobby. I think the most I've ever spent I the bookstore at once was maybe $120. Yeahhh lol I'm a bookworm.

1|2
    0|0
  • Hmmmmmmmm

Eating

Hundreds, possibly thousands of dollars out of pocket to date.

Also, my pets, kitty needs a new scratch post, rats need a new chew rope.

0|1
    0|0
  • Music--well over $500 (of my own money!). It's taken me a long time to get everything I have and I need even more money to be spent on what I have now. I need about $300 just to be safe. I don't know what to expect but I can't see it being any less than $200.

0|1
    0|0
  • I haaven't !!

0|1
    0|0
    • What is your hobby?

• I want to try sewing or fashion designing clothes but have no idea wear to take classes and I want learn to play the guitar but no money and I wan't learning farming but nada... i don't have the money... so all i can do is watch anime and movies... it not like i have money to make a big hit movie...

• hmmm ill go with my top 3... im not sure if this counts but i've spent about $300 for my netball gear in 2010 for the club i was representing.

i've spent about $200 for a bit of room decorating and DIY house stuff. i like doing that.

and i've spent $100ish on art supplies.

0|0
    0|0
    • "Netball?" What in the name of Steve Irwin is netball?😝😜🇦🇺

• Show All
    • yep no backboard, only 4 people allowed in the shooting key. GS, GA for one team [goal shooter, goal attack] and GK, GD on the other team [goal keeper, goal defence]
      the ball isn't always pink lol!
      u can't block shots no, but u can defend, except u must be within a 3 foot distance of them [this is what i can't stand lol] or else the ref yells 'obstruction' or 'contact' as u may have heard several times.
      when that happens, yeah they have to stand next to the person who gets the ball.

that is an advantage yeah :P @whitesteve 😎 #ballin

• Very interesting👍 I see you, ballertician👊

• Nothing because I've never had a hobby. 😐

0|1
    2|1
  • i did figure skating, just a pair of professional skates was 300$ then many other stuffs expensive too.. haha

0|1
    0|0
  • Hundreds and hundreds of dollars when I played the violin for many years. I want to get back into one day when I can afford a really nice new one :3

0|1
    0|0
    • Oh yea, and spent a lot on my kitties when I had them. They got all the best toys and gourmet.

• I go skiing sometimes and it's so expensive. I have to rent the equipment since i don't have my own.

0|1
    0|0
  • Reading - $30 dollars every few months. I love reading books but I get bored quite easily after reading them over and over so I always have to restock.

0|1
    0|0
  • 100,000 maybe lol my hobby is travelling lol XD

0|1
    0|0
  • More than 11000$

0|1
    0|0
  • Uhh... None? lol I don't have any hobbies really.

0|1
    0|0
  • About 500€ ~ approx. 560$ I went on a climbing trip to Switzerland with my friends and it was worth every penny!

0|0
    0|0
  • About 1500 dollars... but i sell my paintings so im getting it all back and more 👍

0|1
    0|0
  • Not much. Maybe €20 on painting supplies, but most of my hobbies and sports get funded by my parents. Otherwise I would be totally broke. Horse riding is expensive.

0|0
    0|0
  • I couldn't even count the copious amounts of money I have spent on booze...

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a collector of... things, and spent several hundred of dollars on a collectible statue. No regrets.

I kinda want to get this Catwoman statue next

www.sideshowtoy.com/.../

0|1
    0|0
  • Dancing and probably 15k all up

0|1
    0|0
  • 900 € for my piano :)

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• Back when I was still playing football in a semipro league I spent a pretty penny on various types of equipment, since it isn't provided by the team. The first year was probably the most expensive. I spent like $300 on a helmet, shoulder pads, and the various smaller pads, then another $100 for the uniform, $300 in team dues, and then I somehow ended up as one of the "official" drivers to road games since I had an SUV that could be loaded with equipment, and my broke ass teammates almost never had money on the gas, and we drove 3-4 hours away and back some days. All told, I probably paid well over $1,000.💸💸💸💸

0|1
    0|0
  • Do you mean in one purchase or over time?
    I've spent quite a bit on Green Lantern comic books. I LOVE Geoff Johns run with Hal Jordan. Like I could read that forever so I got the super collector's edition hardcovers that were quite expensive. I bought them all at once so it was quite a few digits lmao

0|1
    0|0
  • Many thousands on gaming over the years from NES to Xbox 360.
    But in particular about $1200 on my PC, and I have a couple hundred dollars worth of games on Steam, plus others on disc and other distribution.

As cars. Well. A bit.

No wonder I have no money now.

0|1
    0|0
  • Video games, and I don't remember how much. Then again it was never with my money, but my mother's, and I haven't played video games in almost 4 years. :P

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably Magic: The Gathering. I know I spent a ton of money on it over the years before giving it up, but I'm not sure exactly how much.

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably a couple grand spenf on Xbox.. Games are expensive

0|1
    0|0
  • 300 bucks to go watch a world premiere of a movie. Travel included

0|1
    0|0
    • What was the movie?

• Dragon ball Z Resurrection of frieza. It was premiering in LA before its release in japan and I got lucky and bought tickets before they were sold out. Plane tickets weren't that much so I just went for it

• Well I guess bodybuilding is a hobby, I've spent tons. Extra food, supplements, gym membership (that shouldn't be unordinary tho), competition reg fees, competition trunks and spray tans.

It's so worth it tho!

0|0
    0|0
  • 1 HUNDRED PLUS

MORE CAP LOCKS

0|1
    0|0
  • Smoking my pipes and cigars and I've probably spent hundreds of dollars between the two over the course of years my other one would be painting.

0|0
    0|0
  • About $100 to watch a Wrestling match a long time ago

1|0
    1|0
  • like 1200 bucks on my pc.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've spent like 1700 dollars or so this year on archery stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • I blew $1800 playing poker. Good times!

0|0
    0|0