How can I be more confident and have more self-esteem in life?

I don't have much confidence or self-esteem and was wondering how can i increase these? i had a bad childhood and kinda feel like my life is not going to go anywhere. Any help will do, thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• Self-love and self-appreciation are the root of confidence. You must find a way to take an honest, gracious look at yourself then accept yourself for who you are in it's full entirety. From the moment you were conceived to the very moment you read these words. Some people hate themselves because they were conceived by rape; they must let that hate go. Some people hate themselves because of an occurrence that happened when they were 10; they most resolve that memory. Some people hate themselves because they have set unrealistic standards in their own minds that they are not individually designed to achieve. I believe Einstein referred to that as "Everybody is genius but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." The condescending, mean, unproductive, negative thoughts you carry about yourself are like weeds overthrowing all the beauty that could exist in your mind and that reflects in your every day life.

You must go back to the basics of self-love and self-care, walk tall, know your worth, and treasure each and every part of yourself no matter how imperfect you are.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can do a lot bro

But just accept that your bad childhood is now and forever will be in the past.. Let it go (frozen theme tune)

Meditate (and realise we live in the NOW.. Not the past or future.. The now)

Lift weights or cardio.. Do some form of exercise (this helps a sh** lot too)

Or you could fake it.. (My personal best) I faked confidence... And I'm the most confident dic* ever

Seriously.. Just be confident in yourself.

or visualise yourself in a situation you want to be around people and visualise you being confident

Or maybe you need a mentor

Go in youtube and look for Elliott Hulse

Any video at all maybe type in elliott hulse confidence (I highly recommend this) you won't be disappontted

What Girls Said 1

• I felt the same for the longest time. Sometimes I still get those little phases, but then I remember to tell myself that I'm still young and figuring out life. And also I tell myself that I don't care what people think or say about me. If you keep telling yourself that when you hear or think something bad about you, then it will help you more than you can imagine. It helped me, and I hope it helps you.

• thanks, i will try and do that :)

What Guys Said 0