Most people in USA have $100,000 in bank?

I mean people who are over 35.

Most Helpful Girl

• *Checks bank account*

No...😭

Most Helpful Guy

• Only 33% do. The statistics can be misleading. As you imply the older people are the more likely they are to have savings. The average net worth doesn't reach $100,000 until about age 50.

www.fool.com/.../...-worth-by-age-heres-where.aspx

6% of Americans make more than $100,000 per year.

• nice answer.

• That seems crazy give the cost of living in some cities.

I'm currently hiring college grads for $77k a year. They will get raises and promotions to make over $100k by 26 or 27.

What Girls Said 2

• Is this a question or a statement?

• A question.

• Considering the West has only just started to pull itself out of a recession, I'd say No. Most people don't have $100,000 in the bank.

• No, no they don't.

What Guys Said 16

• yeah right. more people are in debt than anything.

• simply said no. the majority of people in the country make less than $100k (household) per year.

• I don't think so.

• NO...
    ...

• in the united states I think you will find most people have less then 10k in liquid funds. most people who I know who I thought were well off are really just in a huge amount of debt and refinance everything.

• No, they don't. Especially given the recession. Most people I'd say have outstanding debts of some sort.

• i do have one coma in my bank account ;) lol! close enough :p

• I wouldn't say most but I passed that some time ago. Stock money helps.

• you are a rich man.

• I don't measure rich by money. Money provides freedom and opportunity.

Rich is the people around you and your daily reality. You can be rich whether you have money or not.

• rich people like to fool others, that's why they always say money is not important but they never give up money.

• No, people don't save and invest as much as they used to. Plus, we are recently out of a recession.

• That's it? 😕

• I'm not most people, and no, I don't have 100,000 dollars in the bank. I wish!

• hell no, not even. most people lucky if they got 10,000 in the bank

• Positively not at all. Where do you live to think such a thing?

• No not even close

• No, they don't.

• Goodness gracious, no. Most people in the USA barely have two nickels to rub together. Read this:

finance.zacks.com/...ican-family-savings-7304.html

• an average American has a number of credit cards, and a number of saving accounts.

• qa is lost, just stop arguing already. you'll get more out of talking to a wall.

• @ihatework I am still here. :)