If a loved one of yours was murdered would you seek the death penalty?

Would you seek the death penalty if one of your loved ones was murder, and the person convicted for their murder was found guilty based on little to no evidence they actually committed the murder.

• No I would't
  • Yes I would
Their is "little to no evidence" they committed the murder, they could be innocent.

Most Helpful Girl

• There was a guy who had kidnapped three women and kept them in his house and repeatedly raped them for like 13 years and forced one to have his kid and when he was caught and put in jail he killed himself after like 3 months.
    That's so frustrating. I would want the murderer of my family member to rot and suffer in prison

• What do you mean the murder of your family member? So if the person was a strangers to you then you wouldn't care? That's messed up

• Same thing. I would want the criminal to pay for their crimes and suffer in prison, not have the easy way out

• @shayan_mortazavi

Most Helpful Guy

• not sure. i've struggled with this question since it's happened to me. sometimes i wish the killer (s) would be put to death and other times i don't feel that way.

What Girls Said 11

• Wow, what a heart breaking scenario.

I don't know what I would do. I lean towards abolishing the death penalty. If such an event occurred, I would hope to not become overwhelmed with pain and do something rash with irreversible consequences.

Also, little to no evidence, of course not, I would even question if they should be sentenced. There should be evidence.

• As much rage as I would be in, it would be better if they spend the rest of their miserable life locked up and possibly raped by their inmates. I would want them paying for their crime while they're still alive.

Death penalty is easy, they're gone and I don't get the chance to see them locked up.

• no because there is so little evidence and because i deserve peace after the death of a loved one. but if there was overwhelming evidence they did it, then they should get life in solitary confinement i believe in the death penalty because rotting a jail cell is worse so they do not deserve what they will consider a luxury, to die. if anything i pity them because i pity the people who live without love.

• I would look for evidence myself first and pay a lot of people to try to find something.

If anything I would want to drop who ever did it on a deserted island with no hope of being rescued to rot there.

• I don't know how I feel about earthly beings being put in charge of taking another person's life. It just seems wrong to me. I'd be fine with them living a life in confinement. That would be torture enough.

• If I didn't get to them first, I'd prefer they rot in jail.

• If they could be innocent inwon t take that chance.
    If i an sure they killed my lovèd one on purpose i am no saint i want him dead too

• No I'd rather them rot in jail.

• Not in this scenario. I would spend my entire life, every breathing moment and use all resources available to find the person responsible.

I would only seek the Death Penalty if it was proven beyond all doubt. . Justice won't bring back my loved one or ease the life time pain i'd face, but justice would bring me inner peace.

• I would not. I'd take the matter in my own hands though.

• Nope. The death penalty is too easy. He deserve to rot and get treated badly

What Guys Said 13

• honestly i'd view him/her just another murderer and i'd let da court decide of his/her fate...

who am i to judge about his/her punishment? it's court's job and only... ;)

laws r laws and they cannot be bend for "loved ones"... :)

• Only if there was irrefutable proof that they were the ones who murdered them, and if I could be the one to execute them (although this would be impossible).

• Like the question says "their was little to no evidence" they committed the murder.

• In that case then, no I would not seek the death penalty.

• I would want them to be in solitary for life.

• no

1. I'm against death penalty
    2. sitting forever in jail and thinking about what you've done is a much bigger punishment than death in my opinion

• No I wouldn't. I would kidnap them and lock them up at a remote place with photos of their loved ones and a gun.
    I would contact the authorities about their location just in time so they don't die of dehydration.

• ever seen the movie law abiding citizen? yea that's what I would do

• I would make a relentless hunt for evidence

Unlikely I would fuck up

• "Little to no evidence" I would say no in that case. But huge evidence? I would say yes.

• Yes, there are some things no one should be able to get away with

• Like being convicted of murder with little to no evidence the person actually committed the murder.

• Didn't read that part, then probably not

• No. Have them rot in prison for the rest of their lives.

• No, let them rot in jail then rot in hell or I personally get to kill them either is fine with me.

• You'd kill them even if their was little to no evidence they committed the murder?

• Haha I'm guessing I'm not the only one who didn't read that part, I don't know what I would want now?

• They need to die the same way they killed whoever it was they took the life of. They took the loved one away from being able to see their family and kids. So why should the murderer get to kill someone live in a cell that isn't all that bad and still getting to see their family? Easy answer they shouldn't. I am sick of everyone saying it's not okay to kill the person that took someone's life. It's not about being civilized it's about deterring wrong behavior. Anyone that tells you other is just ignorant to how easy prison life is. I might have a difference of opinion if those people sat in a solitary confinement cell for the rest of their days with no contact with their loved ones or anyone outside than minimum contact with prison officials.

• At your update. I would seriously hope that the justice system did not convict someone to a death sentence with little to no supporting evidence. But it depends on what little evidence is considered. For example there could be a lot of evidence pointing to them not being the killer but something as tiny as a DNA result that proves them to be so in that case I would expect the death penalty. If there was very shaky evidence and I had my doubts using logic and common sense then I would not want a death penalty.

• Their is a tiny chance the DNA was planted or just happen to be their at the wrong time.

• No, I wouldn't.