Is this alright as long as my dog shows no signs of pain or should I stop asap?

I own a full grown male English Mastiff and am very small for my weight (doc says I am under weight)... the other day as I was benxing over to pick something up, he just bolted under me and kind of swept me away on him.
That accident got me wondering if I could actually do it: can I ride him? I tried it the yesterday when I was home alone and it worked pretty well (I gradually added my weight to his back while he laid down and just sat so he could get used to my weight, then today I did it again while he was standing up) he didn't seem bothered by it, even with my full weight on him and my feet off the ground, he even took a few steps... but I felt his back pop when he moved and got off asap.
I added my weight again as I did before while he laid down and did it until I was no longer holding myself up. He doesn't seem bothered, so I tried again while he was standing and again his back popped.
I love my dog so much and would never want to hurt him, so if this could potentally hurt him I will stop.
So can I ride my English Mastiff, or should I stop what Im doing because Im hurting him?

I would hate to hurt him, so I will stop. I thought his back popping was just his spine adjusting to my weight, the way mine does when I piggyback my younger (step) brother.
Thanks for the input.

Most Helpful Guy

• And here I was almost thinking of reporting this since the first thing that came to mind was bestiality lol

But yeah riding dogs isn't a good idea. They're just not built for that. The proportional difference in mass between dogs and humans is too small.

Most Helpful Girl

• Even if you're underweight you should never try riding your dog, I have a great dane and he weighs almost double me and I still wouldn't. However what you did has been done.. if you heard it pop once why would you try again? Anyway STOP IT you can damage his spine. STOP

What Guys Said 2

• Stop cause dogs aren't made to be ridden, even bull mastiffs.

• I dont think any cuties should try doing cowgurl on a dawg but otay.. 😟

What Girls Said 3

• It could damage his spine or his hips, so it's not a good idea. They don't have the same skeletal structure as horses do. :/

• Don't , you can hurt him. Also your dog isn't a horse or something

• You are going to hurt him. Dogs are not meant to be ridden no matter how big. They don't have enough or strong enough muscles in their backs and their bones aren't as strong as a "horse". You can't do that. His back popped, that should tell you your weight is too much.