Does anybody else like to read?

i was in my psychology class reading a book and some girl behind me said ugh who even reads anymore? oh my god this annoys so freakin much why is it people comment about me reading in public they think i will care. the good news is that i am smarter than her and in high school she was a bit of an airhead. she continued to look at me when i got some papers back from my teacher that i got good grades on and i got an weirder look when she looked at me again.
mark this the end of my little rant.

Most Helpful Girl

• I love to read and believe or not, I've heard that statement before. I ignore it because obviously, I do lol. I go down to the Barnes and Noble in my neighborhood and sit there for hours. I get to read books for free on my Nook while I'm there. I don't care what anyone says, I'll always love reading.

What Guys Said 18

• I go to the library regularly and there are still a lot of people there. The activities of people have changed since I was a kid, but people definitely still go there. They still check out books. Parents still take their kids. Kids still love reading. When I go, there is usually a constant line of people checking out books and other media.

Book stores, both new and used books, are still very popular. Heck, there was even a recent question here are GaG where somebody asked about good places to meet girls/guys. Somebody answered Barnes and Nobel. For people who don't know, that's a large book store chain. Maybe some airhead thinks people don't read any more, but others think book stores are a good pick up sight. I agree.

• 1|0
  • I 'read' in the sense that I read fanfiction on my phone all of the time. I like to appreciate amateur writers honing their writing skill more than established authors. But yeah I have gotten looks when people sat next to me in public transport and were weirded out by me not texting or playing games -__-

• I used to read all the damn time, now maybe one book a year. Besides smart chicks are hot. Oh and uh Ginny was always hotter than Hermione… just saying.

• i just laughed out loud and its completely quiet in my house. the only thing i relate to with Hermione is love of reading everything else i relate to with ginny thats why she is my favorite hence my profile name.

• i dont care what J. K. Rowling says harry and ginny are perfect together plus John green says when an author publishes a book its now up to readers imagination. Right now i am reading The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson. it is a historical non-fiction about two men one an architect and the other a serial killer. The architect is trying to make a name for himself the serial killer is using the architects growing success to get more victims.

• See that is just my point. That is what I liked about her as a writer. She had a plan but the characters she wrote had a mind of their own and regardless of what she envisioned they did what they wanted to do. Last thing I read was “Howl’s moving Castle” Miyazaki did a movie influenced by it that was about 40% accurate to the book.

• I'm lazy to read fiction, but it makes perfect sense to read - not everything exists in the form of audio/video.

• Yes I love to read but unfortunately I'm never that interested in the books schools give us to read lol

• You'll end up getting the last laugh. I'd put good money on it.

Personally, I love to read. I'm on a bit of a Steinbeck kick right now. Just started Cannery Row and it's great.

• Steinbeck is on my to-read list. Don't know if I'll ever get to him though. I used to live near Cannery Row, so it kind of bumped my interest in him.

• Pastures of Heaven FTW.

• Yea but mostly philosophy I haven't had enough effort to dive into a novel haha but I understand where the girl is coming from there's a lot of annoying people who like to show off that they read and like to pretend how deep and intelligent they are

• well in my defense my book is really interesting and i seriously can not put it down i was reading it in the student lounge but then decided to move my reading to the classroom so when the teacher gets there i will be there

• you're not one of them but let me spit some real nigga shit right here there's people out there that ruin things for everybody so you're going to occasionally get similar looks that the girl Britney did to you

• I read online

• not the same but close enough

• totally agree with you i usually have to take off my glasses when reading.

• I dont wear glasses but I think the computer light on my 22 inch computer screen bothers my eyes

• Yup I love to read lol I have quite a few books I go through hehe.

• Not me, unless it's something helpful in terms of fixing or making something better.

• I do. It depends on what I'm reading though.

• reading blows dick. i never read. i payed attention in class specifically so i didn't really have to read. or if i did, i only read the bold parts, 1st and last sentences of each paragraph and/or bullet points. but that bitch does sound kinda annoying if she constantly complains out loud. i did it every once in a while, it's more of, "i hate life right now" reaction.

• i dont really care about her. if high school taught its dont care what people say and she never liked me in school so might as well give her something to talk about

• I love reading, I just haven't been reading lately. I've been too busy :/

• I dont like reading things that dont interest me.

• I want to message you but it won't let me ginny :(

• Here's a story you may like:
    As a freshman in High School I was placed in the advanced English Lit class. It was me, two Juniors and the rest all Seniors. On the first day we were given a list of 30 books to choose from for a report. The teacher enjoined us to choose a book we hadn't already read.
    I had read them all already but I wasn't stupid enough to say so in front of everybody. I waited and spoke to the teacher privately. He was obviously disbelieving and quizzed me on a half dozen of the assigned books before shrugging and saying, "just read whatever you want and do a report on that".

• i hate it. i tried liking it but i can't :(

What Girls Said 8

• Yeah I like reading! I'm a big fan of non-fiction books that are about ethics, philosophy or stuff like that. In high school i remember people also commenting on me reading between classes. Don't let it get to you. Reading is a great thing and opens up your mind.

• when i was younger i let peoples comments about me reading get to me but i had a teacher get through to me that its a great thing i should really send her a thank you.

• I've always loved to read. Still do, though it's hard for me to find a book that I like with already having been through so many.. plus, with the amount of articles and textbook chapters I have to read for school (I'm in psychology as well), by the time I get home I'm usually way too exhausted for even more reading.

• I read a lot. I'm addicted actually. But it's mostly Chic-lit, horror, and paranormal stories. Occasionally I'll read biographies and poetry. So yes people still read. I'm pretty active on Goodreads. com. Go on there and you'll see how IN reading still is. Plus it helps you find good books and communicate with authors.

• I remember in science I was writing a story, not work related, and a kid came up to me and asked why the heck was I writing? Who likes writing if they don't have to?

I hated the teacher but she backed me up by saying that some people like to keep their minds active. She had some redeeming qualities I suppose.

• i LOVE reading. #proudbookworm 🐛🐛🐛

• Charismatic, the user on here, she's set up a GaG book club.

But yes, plenty of us still read. Next time someone comments just jokingly say they're just jealous because you can read.

Must be hard holding a book without opposable thumbs...

• I love reading and still reading. whoever says that, well we can predict what kind of people are they in the future - maybe a cashier in the McDonalds?

• I love to read! I read 3-4 books in a week... my friends are that type of people, people who don't read anymore. And yes, they said it's boring. But whatever, we don't need their approval, right? :)