Do you ever think you're too lucky to be sad or complain about things?

Like you get pissed when you break your phone but then you think about how there places and people all over the world that would kill to have that be the biggest low of there day

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes but I also think that my feelings and situation (serious ones) are genuine and I shouldn't play it down just because other people have it worse than me.

You described #FirstWorldProblems which basically means that that's a problem that happens only to people in first world countries and isn't that big of a deal. I do think about it though, like if my internet cuts out, it pisses me off but then I think other people don't have internet or a computer or a house even, but then I also think about the millions of people who are using the internet right now whilst I can't! AHH! We're selfish people.

What Girls Said 3

• I feel that way often lately. However, my issues are more than just breaking my phone. That's a first world problem that has already been described. My concerns with life are pretty major, but I still think I am lucky. I know my life could be a lot worse than it is, even though things aren't where they should be for me either. I just have to keep in mind that my troubles are real and that they matter.

• Sometimes I guess

• Someone else having it worse doesn't mean you don't have a 'right' to be sad. Letting yourself feel your emotions is healthy and you need to accept them in order to deal with them. Yes people all over the world are suffering and we should do everything we can to help them. But if you break your phone that sucks. Even if you're sad for no particular 'reason', that's still valid. How you feel is important. And you're important. It doesn't take away from other people being important. In a similar way to how you can still feel happy even if there are plenty of people in the world with more 'reason' to be happy

What Guys Said 0