Have you ever thought that maybe everything is just a dream/nightmare?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I have. I don't think there's anyone who's never at least wondered about this question. Especially because this thought leads to even more disturbing thoughts such as "if nothing of all this is real, then nothing that is dear to me actually exists. My friends don't exist, my family doesn't, my girlfriend/boyfriend doesn't etc.. It's all just in my head". Now, while it is philosophically stimulating to contemplate these things, I try not to think too much about it. Unfortunately, there is no solution to the solipsism-dilemma and it's very questionable there will ever be one. So perhaps it's better to just pretend we had never even asked ourselves this question.

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't thought that, but I've been hoping I'm just in a horrible nightmare right now and will wake up soon. It'd be nice to have all of my troubles vanish.

What Guys Said 10

• Planet Earth isn't the final home for souls. The human body was designed to challenge our souls. Our souls are eternal, but the human body is transient. So, I guess being a human is a really long physical dream. My dream sucks, though. It feels like hell, I cry all the time, but I guess it'll be worth it in the end. I want a harem. I wonder what it's like to have sex whenever I want, that would be sooooooo cool. Hell doesn't exist. Bad people on this planet end up punishing themselves when they return to the Spirit World. They realize how dumb they were. Eventually, every soul in the Spirit World will reconnect with God and be in true bliss. Good people on Planet Earth reconnect with God the fastest, though. The bad people on Planet Earth are actually all noobs. They are very unskilled spiritually, but they will eventually become good people in their future human lives. For example, Hitler is a complete noob. That guy has a lot of work to do as a soul. He's a very stupid guy. He's a very young soul. I'm fairly certain he would put himself in solitary confinement when he returns to the Spirit World. The problem is he never committed suicide. Hitler is still alive. He never returned to the Spirit World. I need to find him before he starts doing more insane things on Planet Earth.

• Sometimes. You never really know what reality is, do you? There's an old proverb that says something like "are you a man? Or are you a butterfly who's dreaming that he's a a man?" It can mess with your head though so don't try any crazy stuff like jumping in front of trains if you think this is a dream!

• Oh hell yes, and it's reaching night terror territory at this point. I'm figuratively and literally boxed in on all sides with no way to escape.

• Yes, and that's when I'm actually dreaming

• For me it's a dream I never wanna wake up from

• Yes, i been experiencing a dreamy state of mind and have this disorder
    where i can feel like i don't exist it's a very scary feeling if i don't do deep
    breathing exercises

forums.psychcentral.com/.../...t-life-we-real.html

• I've thought about it

Then I ate a sandwich

• Yes, quite often

• If my life is a dream or a nightmare, then it's doing a really bad job at living up to that.

• Your name wouldn't happen to be Melisandre, would it? #GameOfThrones #LordOfLight

• Who is melisandre?

• What match? What do you mean? I don't understand..

• I don't burn people, by the way

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah I sometimes like to imagine that right now, we're all just dreaming and in the end, when we die, we'll wake up and find that everything has just been a dream. It would be kind of cool if it was like that, wouldn't it?

• Yeah, I always think that maybe we're just dreaming right now and when we're dead we'll all be realizing that "oh, so all this is a dream eh" - it'd be kinda cool ain't it

• yes i had this thought pretty often