You are gifted $5,000 US dollars by a stranger who simply says "pay it forward." What do you do from there?

Would you give half away to "pay it forward"? Or would you use it for things that have been adding up to give you financial troubles and buy the meal for people behind you at a restaurant as your way of giving back? Or do you keep it all and do nothing to help pay it forward because no one will even know? There is no right or wrong answer I am just curious and interested in honest opinions.

Most Helpful Guy

• ill ask what pay it forward means exactly

• Lets say it's just a wealthy person making a kind gesture in return for you to attempt the same in your abilities.

• I hope so! I'd love to be able to change someone's life for the better. Detroit needs a fairy god parent desperately and I'd love to be able to grant wishes of food and winter clothes. One day I will!

• if you and I believe in it we can do it. regardless of being rich or not, we'll make it happen.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 17

• Interesting question. Well, if I had anything over my head that neeeeeded immediate attention, I would use that gift to handle my necessary business. I would not play with a single dime but look at it as the gift that it is. Then, I would raise the money I used just as I would for the original debt I had previous to the gift. Then I would say some prayers and ask God to point my heat where He wanted it and I would follow.

• i'll pay it forward to my bill collectors and get my debts straightened out, that's the only pay it forward i'm doing.

• if he says pay it forward, meaning give half away, i'd give half away. i'm still $2500 richer

• I'm not sure. Give me $5,000 and I'll tell you what happens.

• Right! It's hard to guess until it's real.

• Yes. Ask people how they feel about abortion when it's an academic discussion and you will get one set of answers. Ask again when they are single and pregnant, or their girlfriend is pregnant, and the answers may change. A death penalty opponent may feel differently about that subject if his daughter has been kidnapped, raped, and murdered.

• I hate to say it, but $5k doesn't go too far these days. But I would put that money towards domestic violence shelters.

• I'd give half to charity.

• I really do think I'd give it all to charity.

• fuck that, i would spend it all on myself. i would buy a car or something i really need

• Why can't spending that money on things I want in local shops be paying it forward? I see dollar velocity as a form of paying it forward lol

• To be honest... I would find it suspicious :o
    Is it real money? Is it drugs money? Has he robbed a bank and is he trying to dump the proof?
    Such "beautiful" stories usually have a back side :-( :o

• Let's just say it's a wealthy man who says he's been blessed and just wants to make a kind gesture in return for you to do the same in limitations to your ability. In other words, totally legal no strings attached.

• Than I'd probably donate it to a good aim. Something like cancer research or a relief operation after some disaster :D

• That's such a kind thing to do!

• Invest in my stock account. Justify by paying forward to my future children.

• Bank the money. I'll pay the money forward when I use it to buy stuff.

• Honestly i would give at least 500$ to my church i would pay off my vehicle and if there was anything left probably invest in a new camera or pit money on my school acount for college

• I would use it to build my company, and some of the profits would be given to charity.

• Id pay it forward to the big corporate stores and get something in return

• I'd sell the money for more money.

• I would assume it was some kind of scam, or something that would get me in trouble with the law or with criminals, and I'd distance myself from the money.

• It's sad a kind gesture would seem so negative. I hope good stuff happens to you for no reason! Buy a scratch off for dollar and I hope u win $500!

What Girls Said 1

• Buy myself a really expensive bag like a chanel bag! hahha I am going to get so much down vote!