Is there something wrong with my car?

I don't know how this happened but I parked my car and left it RUNNING AND UNLOCKED (I can't believe it!!!) Two hours later I came back to the car and found it like that. Is there something wrong with my car now? Should I get it looked at? Is it going to die?

Most Helpful Guy

• The only thing that happened is that the engine was running and you used some gasoline in the process. Did you turn it off and turn in back on? I would do that to just check the battery. If it turns on like normal, you are fine.

It is just like you drove for 2 hours.. in the sense that the engine was running.. except seeing that the car was idle, the belts in the engine were just running.

If you just turned the car on, didn't start the engine, and left it on overnight, then you would either need a new battery or be jump started because your old one would be dead and you wouldn't be able to start the car.

You should be perfectly okay. Don't fret :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you think something's wrong with it because you left it running, or because nobody chose to steal it?

What Guys Said 10

• The battery ONLY starts the car. It will not be overcharged from idling. People drive cars for 2 -12 + hrs. on trips & the battery is fine.

• I don't get what you are trying to ask. If you left your car running and did not turn it off it will keep running until it runs out of petrol. If you left it unlocked then it will remain unlocked.

• Your car is fine. Idling does not damage a car. You probably have push-button start. Lots of people have done the same. I have come close myself.

• So the battery won't die?

• No, the battery does not run down while the car is running. Unless you are having trouble starting the car your battery is fine too.

• ... dafuq?

• Uh I'm not sure what your asking, are you saying that you left it started and unocked and came back two hours later to find it still started and unlocked and now whether there is a problem with the vehicle?

• That is what I thought she was asking.

• Yes this woman had to have the top taken off the engine after her car started to not run well and have the carbon cleaned out. It sure is the right way to kill an engine.

• I was worried it might have hurt the battery and it would malfunction when someone is driving it in the future.

• The battery is only used to start the vehicle, then the alternator takes over. You'll be fine. As a side note you should always keep your battery terminals clean so do that.

• Might replace the air filter...

• if you failed to turn off ignition no, it will tick over until it runs out of fuel basically.

• Nice troll though

• Oh great now your car is smoking too? Isn't there anyone you can trust?

What Girls Said 2

• So you left your car on and unlocked for two hours? And came back two hours later and it was like that? Still?

• lol hwat...