Do you hate yourself?

I just can't love myself (have tried a million times) I hate myself so much, it's so difficult 2 express my hatred in words.. I feel sick. What about you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah dood I love myself and u should do the same

Most Helpful Girl

• In a way, yes I kind of do. But I'm working on not hating myself, it's super hard though.

What Guys Said 24

• I don't know.
    I quite like being myself lol
    I worked hard for what I have now , there's still lot of work to be done but ah well living in suffering , let's keep on GRINDING EH?

• no i don't hate myself.

why do you hate yourself? It does sound to me like you probably should talk to a therapist... help you get to the root of the issue

• i just don't understand y 90% among times i make wrong choices... i wish i could think a little bit deeper...

basically dat's wot i hate in maself... most decisions i've made happened to be wrong in da long run... :|

fuck... i wish i could play a "new game+" when i die... it'd be awesome wouldn't it? i've learnt a lot from ma mistakes...

• Well that explains the makeup usage

Anyways, I don't *think* I do, but then again, I could be wrong!
    I've been reading this thing, it's an eye-opener, really.
    www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/.../infopax.cfm

• I hate the things that I do, but I don't hate myself. weeeird

• Go to a psychologist then. They didn't study the human psychology for yeeears for nothing. There is a reason why they exist. Why didn't I already stop after the first sentence and still continue explaining why it makes sense? Because whenever I say this, people be like "I dont need this. This is charlatanism anyways. Complete bullshit.". Its not. Its really not, and if you hate yourself sooo much that it makes you sick, you need a psychologist.

• If people knew my situation they'd expect me to be self-hateful as well but miraculously I'm not. I just look at life with a "eh... it could have been worse than it is so no need to make it that way" way of thinking.

• Depends on the day, some days I do and some days I think I'm absolutely incredible.

• I love myself overall. There are aspects of my personality that I dislike and I hope to change though. We can always grow as human beings.

• I do not hate myself at all. Every single day I trek on due to the blessings and power of God himself. I have been put through the meat grinder many times, each time I come out better than ever on the other side. We can't always change what happens to us, but we can change how we deal with it, and how we view the world. wow I feel great right now.

• Awwww how can you hate yourself you're so gorgeous :/
    But to your question I don't hate myself but insecure creepy guys irl hate me for some odd reason which I find funny

• *huggles*

You're not alone.

• I do. I feel exactly the same and it's really painful and yet impossible to put into words. I understand, but I have no answers, best I can say is that you're not the only one who feels like this. You're not alone, we just gotta keep trying. I'm sorry.

• I don't think I do. I hate the current life I have - or at least the current employment circumstances.

• This might sound stupid, but it helps me. Start doing good for others, like help someone with something.

Make someone else's life a little easier. You will start to love yourself.

• by the way you have really nice eyes. Love the color :)

• Yes, i hate myself for not deleting this account on GaG no one gtf about me

• What's the reason you hate yourself? If you don't mind sharing.

• Wish I could, but I can't.

• Ok cool. Just to add this. If it's something that happened in the past, forget it we all do mistakes, use it as feedback to avoid making the same in the future. Everything has a solution if you want to. You have to accept yourself first of all.

• Ja, I hate myself.

• i love myself, for if i do not, no one else will;

• I love myself. But self-acceptance goes 90%.

• wouldn't say that I hate myself... but I'm not happy the way I am and with my life :(

• Why do you hate yourself?

• yo face isn't ugly. small tits perhaps?

• Is it because of what your dad did yo u when u were a kid?

• Stop smoking stuff, kiddo

• Denial is not just a river in Egypt and repressing what happened won't help.

• Who the fuck are you?

What Girls Said 19

• It took me a long time to love myself. It happened in steps.

First, I had to accept myself. This is me, this is what I look like, this is what I love to do and who I am.

Next, I had to be proud of myself. Hey. I achieved this and that, way to go! Hey, my stomach isn't perfectly flat, but I rock these skinny jeans!

After that, I had to acknowledge that I can't be liked by everyone. I am a right leaning, gun toting Christian, too tall by most standards,. but that's ok.

Self love will follow naturally when you realise you aren't perfect but you ARE perfectly imperfect.

• I used to. But I realized a long time ago that I can't hate myself into being something I'm not. I can't hate and belittle myself into being prettier, I can't shame myself into being smarter, I can't beat myself into a better person. I can only change what I can and accept what I can't, subsequently making myself a happier person that people can actually tolerate being around.

• i dont hate myself, no. but i dont fully love myself either and I'm ok with that. in all honesty i think that's what keeps me grounded.

• Hate? Not anymore. I'm slowly learning how to accept and love myself. Very slowly, but making progress. It's a day to day thing. Sometimes I feel ok about myself, others not so much.

I wish you didn't feel that way about yourself. Those feelings only grow bigger and stringer the more negative you are about yourself. They'll consume you. They're toxic. I think you're a pretty girl and you're cool. Try to find one thing about yourself that you like and hold on to it.

• I know what you mean and feel. I don't know why i hate myself then. I just feel like I'm not good enough sometimes. I'm not beautiful enough even though people keep telling me I am. I've been doing that for so many years and I'm so tired. But I found out why I feel this way about myself. It's cuz I've been trying to please people in trying to be the best but fail. I always care about what others think of me and I allow them to put me down. They keep asking for more and I can't give more. Why do you hate yourself though? is it cause you feel you're not good enough? gotta find out why. You'll feel better about yourself. Will be here if you need a listening ear. *hugs*

• Gah, that's so sad :( You seem like a beautiful girl with a wonderful personality..
    I am sorry you feel that way.

To answer your question.. I don't quite hate myself. But on some days I wish I could be a little similar to the people I envy. It's not even about looks. I just wish I weren't so shy, a little more out-going and a little more cheerful.

• Used to hate myself so much. Tried getting past it, still working on it tho. On some days I really hate myself, on some days I really love myself lol.

• not really, all the opposite I like the person I've become over the years, I did have a similar feeling than yours a few years ago tho.. I think most of us go through that stage and I am sorry to hear that you are having it now, but you need to understand how special you are. You are so unique, you are capable of doing amazing things, you need to explore yourself, your talents, your ideals, you'll find out how amazing you are, every single thing about you is special, dont ever forget that.

• i know this feeling man :(

• why do you hate yourself? you must have reasons for that...

I don't hate myself even though I'm clumsy and sometimes doing embarrassing thing in public because of my clumsiness. I used to hate myself though and think it might be better to be someone else.
    but then I remember my friends, family, and the happiness I have like each day, so I feel lucky to be me actually.
    maybe you should do that too :)

• I do hate myself especially my outer appearance I hate that about myself because people are so rude and its hard for me to accept it. Ugh I don't feel like I belong here on earth I don't even have a purpose in life I hate that.

• I just try not to hate myself that much to the point of wanting to commit suicide and so i try to give myself some credit in life because I know I have good qualities such as Im caring, nice and fun and stuff like that. That keeps me going As well as doing good in school although I've been doing horrible this year :/

• Nah. I used to, but I sort of got over it, once I left school and got a good job, and started to feel some self worth.

• It takes time. some people love them selves some people can't. it took me years to be comfortable with who i am. i am not vain but i do love myself

• Nope, not really.

• Yes I hate myself a lot actually.

• I cannot describe how much I hate myself. Tried getting past it, can't.

• I hope you realize one day you are an awesome person, despite whatever happened in the past. I know my words don't mean much on their own, but I thought I should say it anyway :(

• @dangerDoge

Well thanks, I wish words were enough because that was nice.
      Unfortunately though, I can only hope for a one day. ;c

• Slowly learning to love myself

• I don't hate myself, but I dislike the genetic disorder that is making me sick for the rest of my life.

• Most of the tines yes.