Is this sentence grammatically correct?

" Disrespecting me is not something that i will tolerate".

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, albeit a long-winded and somewhat awkward one. "I won't tolerate disrespect" would be a way to shorten it and make it flow easier.

Most Helpful Guy

• well it makes sense to me, but I got a feeling my English prof will be like "no its like this"

"Disrespecting me is something I will not tolerate."

capitalize the I

period goes inside the quotation marks, unless you're British then they tend to do it either way.

What Girls Said 2

• "Being disrespectful towards me is not something I will tolerate'' sounds better but your sentence works too.

• I will not tolerate you/anyone disrespecting me... Sounds a lot better in my opinion the other way sounds wrong. Even disrespecting me is something that I will not tolerate is fine

What Guys Said 5

• Some are saying that the way you said it is too long or sounds wrong. However, it is grammatically correct and may be the better way to convey your meaning depending on the context. If the context does not need it this way, though, the shorter versions do sound better.

• It's grammatically correct, but a better way of putting it would be "Disrespecting me is something that I will not tolerate".

• It is grammatically correct (but you should have capitalized "i,") However, it is not as clear as the alternative:

Disrespect is something that I will not tolerate.

• Nein,

the me is implied with the rest of the sentence.

Just say, disrespect is something that I will not tolerate. Or probably even better: I will not tolerate disrespect.

• The problem is the gerund 'disrespecting' is used here as an verb in the clause 'disrespecting me'. Disrespect is a verb already. The phrase should be 'disrespect to me'.