He bullied me for a day. Am I right for doing this to him?

He humiliated me in front of everyone in my class. Today we had a fight and his lips got hurt really bad that he had to go to the hospital to perform a surgery.

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely not in the right.

Kids nowadays have no concept of what bullying is and react without emotionally without any thought. As defined by most educational institutions, bullying is a repetitive incident. One day? For real?

This world is going to shit and it's because of all the self-entitlement and lack of character apparent in the younger generations.

Standing up for your self does not have to mean reacting with violence. I hope some day you realize this and it makes you a better man. In the meantime, you should be facing an assault charge and suspension.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you don't stand up to bullies, they will pick on you forever. Sometimes, you have to fight for yourself so you can exist.

What Girls Said 8

• Wow, 1 day?
    Sorry but you over reacted. People out there, myself included, were bullied for years and never resorted to violence. 1 day is nothing.

• Oh dear but if it was in defence then that's his problem

• It's not bullying if it's for one day.

• Why would you not be right? HE bullied YOU. Did you forget that or something?:/

• Yes. It's self defense.

• He deserved it.

• violence doesn't solve anything

• unless he physically laid a hand on you then no, you were not right to do that

• No, unless it was the only way to stop him harming you or someone else. Violence makes violence. Apart from anything else you can get an ABH charge like that which wouldn't be good

I understand how you felt though. I damn near got an ABH charge when I was in school for hospitalising this kid who bullied me (I did a lot more damage to him than I intended, but that's no excuse as I shouldn't have been intending to punch anyone in the face). Bullying sucks and I hope you're alright

What Guys Said 9

• Yeah yeah, I believe you tough guy. ahaha

• I understand the drive for revenge can be overwhelming, but. . . couldn't you have humiliated him without injuring him physically?

• what was it, a right cross to the lips? or a hook

• Surgery? My friend got his lip cut up pretty badly and he just got stitches. Anyway things like that happen in fights, as long as you didn't just sucker punch him you shouldn't worry.

• I suspect you've nipped this in the bud. Either that or he'll come back with his buddies and kill you. Be careful in case this isn't over.

• Good for you. He deserved it

• From my personal experience, classmates who fight each other often become best friends later on. It probably has to do with respecting each other after that.

• yes you did good! you should have kicked his ass harder

• Lollll

You know, whatever, fuck it. If there's anything I learned in high school is that you have to stand up for yourself, it doesn't always need to get physical, it can be verbal, but if you don't do anything, people will continue to walk all over you. So no, you did the right thing, regardless of what anyone else says.