Can you really get in trouble for just throwing a glass of water?

If it's just water, no ice, nothing. Just water.

Most Helpful Guy

• Throwing water on someone is a simple battery, which is a misdemeanor in most states. It is rarely prosecuted.

Most Helpful Girl

• get in trouble how? at school you would get in trouble for throwing things.. in public/at a restaurant i think they'd just tell you to leave lol

What Guys Said 5

• if you get someone wet who doesn't want to be wet sure.

if the glass breaks, or if a glass full of water hits someone you can obviously do some harm...

so yes you could get in trouble for it. why are we throwing glasses of water?

• Thank you for the reply. Yes, I threw water at some jerk (in the face) who was irritating me.

• but the glass

• it was just the water that I threw at someone's face that was annoying me

• ooh. i don't think so. its just water, unless you damaged electronics that were on the person.

• That would greatly depend on the location and who you threw in on...
    throw it on a crime boss and see how you go?
    Or maybe President Obama or a leader of another country..
    Or... be a woman in the Middle East and throw it over a "respected man" and I use this term loosely..

Not sure you'd come out of some of those to well...

• Not a boss... just someone that was annoying me. Threw it in the face and then said fuck you.

• ok, as long as they deserved it and there was no injury or property damage, I don't see an issue..
      Hope they don't have connected friends...

• Nope, don't think I'll see that jerk again.

• Throwing it where? If you throw it at someone, then yes. That person will more likely be unhappy. If you throw it at me, then big trouble. I don't hate water, but if it damages my hearing aids, then you better be ready to pay for it. Otherwise, I'll sue you.

• Yes, I threw water at someone's face that was getting on my nerves.

• Well, regardless if what they were doing, they more likely will get pissed. That doesn't mean they deserve all that much to get pissed, but they will.

• Saying that is a bit extreme.

• Yes, what was the situation? Why would you think that was an okay thing to do?

• Some dumb jerk that was getting on my nerves. But yeah, gonna just ignored next time.

• Someone getting on your nerves doesn't mean you can throw water on them. If someone would find you annoying do you think they should throw water on you? Yeah just ignore them and leave, or put them in their place verbally. I think having thrown water in your face is basically the equivalent of a slap.

What Girls Said 2

• On a person, yes (the severity of it depends on the person you threw it at). On a street, no unless it's specifically stated otherwise e. g. Your local littering laws.

• Yeah. Do that on someone in high school and see how they react lol