Have you ever broken a bone?

I am curious

oh and how did it happen? I wanna know what are my chances lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I got bones broken on different occasions by classmates who bullied me, including nose, jaw, cheek bone and several fingers.
    What do you mean by "what your chances are"? You can't really say "this will break my bones" or "this will not". It's a lot more complex than that. But generally, the femur (thigh bone) is the least likely to break because it's thick, surrounded by a strong layer of muscle, and in a more "protected" anatomical position compared to, say, feet or forearms. On the other hand, it's very problematic if it does break, because sharp bone pieces could damage the femoral artery, which is the second biggest blood vessel in the whole body right after the abdominal aorta.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have yeah. I broke a bone in my foot when I was a toddler because I ran away from my parents on the side of the pool and slipped and smashed my foot. I broke my wrist when I was about 9 from falling off a tree swing (I whacked my wrist off the metal rim of a trampoline when I fell, and got a stick pushed into my cheek as well), and I broke my foot again on my 15th birthday (I think it was 15th, maybe 16th), because I wasn't looking where I was going and fell down a dip in the pavement :P

What Guys Said 18

• A few months ago I fell and broke a little toe.
    12 years ago I broke a finger assembling hardwood garden furniture.

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/5971326_f520.jpg

It hurt, cussed a lot, didn't see a doctor. The finger grew back together but now it's 16° crooked. :-P

• Broke the tip of an ankle bone when my foot twisted coming down during a game of volleyball.

• Broke my arm when I was a teen, I was playing capture the flag, ran down a hill, tripped and fell, put my arm out to catch myself. Hairline fracture right above my elbow, hurt like hell.

• I haven't broken a single bone , in my entire life, sure I came close to it in many situations, but never broken it. My advice is be aware where you are going and if you are really unsure about an area every now and then look where your placing your feet and look ahead on the ground ahead.

• Haven't broken anything, got really bad sprains a plenty of times. Quite a few of those would have resulted in my ankle being shattered had I not known how to fall and instead resisted

• I almost came close to breaking my arm bone roller skating down a long hill with roller blades on concrete and my little brother push me a little too hard and made me speed down the hill which cause me to fall and fractured my arm I had to wear a cast for some weeks unto it got better.

• Believe it or not you do not want to go through the pain I went through by the grace of god watching over me he heal my wounds

• I canimagine what type of pain some of you all been in breaking a bone is a really ugly site sometimes if its too bad you have to get it xray

• Broke my finger when I fell from my bike

• I've like fractured a finger but that's about it. And I've had a Bone removed lol

• No. I think I'm pretty careful and try to avoid any dangerous or extreme situations. Works.

• nope never

• My right big toe. From a trampoline.

• yup, broke the pinky finger on my right hand... I think that was about 13 years ago, not sure anymore. happened while playing basketball with some friends :)

• Nope, just a hairline fracture and dislocation.

• I never have

• No, I'm made of stone and know how to fall.

• nope, i have come close to breaking pretty much my elbow. man, that son of a bitch hurt

• nope i never did

• Mine-No
    Other- Yes

#accident

What Girls Said 17

• touch wood, not yet.

• yeah, I broke my jaw, it was kinda horrible hahaha and it happened because I was riding my horse , he was running really fast, but then he trip with a rock, so he fell and I fell with him

• Hahaha interesting, must be very adventurous 😂

• Did that hurt? Did they wire it shut?

• @jmmmfi2 yeah it did haha quite a lot xD and yup thats exactly what they did

• No. Good riddance!

• Nope only sprained a couple.

• Nope, never ever ever.

• Yeah a rib or two when I was six :)

• I broke my pinky toe. I banged it off a wall when I was 9 years old. I didn't go to the hospital either, my mom just wrapped it to my fourth toe and I couldn't wear shoes or socks for a couple of weeks. Luckily it was in summer though, because I would have cold feet of it was the middle of winter.

• Foot and arm. I've dislocated my knee 11 times, my shoulder3 , my fingers, who knows!!
    I'm hypermobile so I damage things alot! Basically my tendons won't hold my joints in!! Gross, right?

• Yes. I fractured my wrist.

• I have not broken a bone.

*Knocks on wood.*

• Three bones in my foot at once.

• I broke my arm in the first grade lol I fell off of the monkey bars. I have also completely tore the ligaments in my ankle and had to have surgery to have them repaird this summer. I did that tumbling though.

• I sprained my ankle once.

Omg, it hurt so much.

💔

• Broken A bone, Try at least a dozen I'm not sure on the actual number.

• I was being an idiot and I dropped a 6 by 4 granite countertop on my foot and shattered it.

• Nope, I may be accident prone but I have never broken anything, all I have done is sprained my ankle

• Yes. I have broken my arm twice, my foot twice, and fractured a rib. All due to sports injuries except one. I was at the top of the bleachers on the end and some random guy bumped in to me, so I fell all the way down and broke my arm for a second time.