I don't feel comfortable with my roommate's boyfriend staying over so much. Should I say something?

When my roommate and I first started living together there was an incident where she almost had me call 911 because her boyfriend was being aggressive and would not leave the apartment. She said she was going to get a restraining order against him, but a week later they were back together. Now I feel like he's here all the time (3 days a week). He showers in our shower, cooks in our kitchen, and sometimes stays here while we're both gone. I really don't trust him because of the incident that happened and I also sometimes feel like I have a third roommate. I wish he wasn't here so much, and I would like to talk to my roommate about it, but I am nervous. Are my feelings legitimate? Should I talk to my roommate? What would you do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeee u should talk to her about it so she can go over to his house instead.

Most Helpful Girl

• Uh yes they are. You pay rent so you have a say. If you aren't comfortable with something then you definitely need to speak on it. You have every right to.

What Guys Said 1

• Talk to your roommate about it but you may not be able to change her mind. I would say keep your cell phone handy and if you don’t already have it get a lock on your door and a way to arm yourself.

What Girls Said 3

• I would talk to her about it. Maybe she can stay at his place a few nights so he's not always over at your place. I think this would bother me too especially given his past

• Check the lease agreement. There may be a rule or provision on long term guests. If there is wording to disallow them from staying 1/2 the week, say something.

• You definitely should talk to her. She can date whoever she wants, but she shouldn't be bringing shady people into the apartment. You should be able to feel safe in the apartment since you're paying rent too. She should have to go to his place.