How many of you have self harmed, and for what reason?

For what reason have you self harmed?
I have never felt the need to, I get why people do it though..

• I have self harmed before
  • I have never self harmed
  • I'm just here Xper points and a cheeky Nando's

Most Helpful Girl

• i have, not very much and i wan to stop doing it. i think the reason i did t initially was because i was under huge amounts of stress and i was feeling a strong combination of self loathing, anger, and hopelessness, and took it out on myself. i also did have anyone to talk to about it. he few times i've cut after that were because i felt like i didn't matter to anyone and no one would care anyways including myself. but i want to stop because i realized if the situation were reversed and it was someone i loved doing that i'd want them to talk to me instead of hurting themselves.

Most Helpful Guy

• No never self harmed I did try commit suicide though 7,8 something around there years ago, not a great time in my life, but the reason people do such things is depression, stress, lack of attention to the point were you fee like you don't exist, among many other things.

What Girls Said 5

• Cause when your at your lowest you truly don't feel strong , thinking you have no one and that it wouldn't matter if you no longer existed cause you barley exist now it won't matter you could just fade into darkness

• I have not self-harmed, though I see why people do it. Life gets too stressful at times, more than necessary. It's an outlet for them. I'm not saying it is the best way to do so, but I can get the reasoning behind it.

• Anxiety, depression, high-stress levels, and a really, really bad break up. When I did it, I felt better. I felt happier. Sure, the healing process stung like a bitch, but it was worth it to me

• Stress, depression. Makes you feel better, well more in control at least, tbh you don't know you're doing it half the time :/

• I've done it, had personal reasons. A lot of crap going on in my life to force me to want to hurt myself so it doesn't hurt so much when others hurt me. I was also in a real bad place, depressed and stressed out to the max. Just how it is

What Guys Said 3