Developing your career, hobby, and finding a partner? Which should have priority at my age?

Which is most important? Career development has to take place outside working hours as during work, I have too much to do and I often work late. I also go to the gym So Other than work, I have to choose between hobbies, career development and finding a girl. I've also never dated before.

• Career development should come first
  • Hobbies should come first
  • Finding a girl should come first

Most Helpful Girl

• From ages 18-23, it's best to nurture your hobbies and get your hands on as many exciting, fulfilling opportunities that you can! Once you get out into the real world, your days will primarily revolve around a career/providing for yourself and you won't be able to dedicate your time to those passions and hobbies. I think it's best to really focus on career development around age 22 or 23. Most people change majors so unless you are absolutely sure that you want to do something, it's a wise idea to let your career option cultivate and grow. Really let your mind and heart get used to the idea of doing that for the rest of your life in order to sustain yourself. By age 23 or so, hopefully that idea will have solidified and you will be mature enough to pursue it full force with ambition. Finding a girl should come last. Relationships and dating can be fun but they can also deter you, distract you, and give you priority misplacement. It's better to establish yourself mentally before you start trying to find a girl. Plus depending on her age range, she may not even be ready to be the woman you need.

• But I know so many people who focused so much on their career and they never found their woman and grew old.

• @Asker It's different for everyone.

Most Helpful Guy

• Career development is priority one. Date older women, and then find hobbies when you have time.

What Girls Said 4

• If you go around actively trying to find a girl you'll never find her lol

Relationships best develop before you know they've done so. They surprise you. Get the career going because woman or no woman you will need money in order to survive in this world.

• Focus most on career, but give some good attention to hobbies as a stress relief and keep your mind open to a companion unless your schedule is too busy to permit it at the moment.

• What do you mean by keep your mind open to it?

• I mean you don't have to go out particularly searching or finding a girl, but if you encounter someone at work or going out with friends or something, and if there's a spark... you could see where that leads.

• Work is a big no no for me. I'd never date someone from work. And I don't meet people much other than at work

• You're young, dude. Focus on your career, but try to have some fun along the way. It's really easy to burn yourself out and lose all the progress you made because you were so tired.

• No time for fun.

• I think that is the wrong attitude to have. When people look back at their lives, even four years later, they don't say "Oh man, I wish I had pulled all-lighter every week! I definitely would have gotten that promotion sooner!" You're more likely to regret that you never did anything but work than you are to profit directly from it.

Just something to keep in mind.

• Healthy balance. Try to find hobbies that are coed & social - that helps kill two birds with one stone. Something like 5Ks or rock climbing or team dodgeball or some other active thing can even add a little fitness.

What Guys Said 3

• Career development should come first. That's how you'll be able to sustain yourself, your hobbies, and eventually, a family.

• A little secret (not so much of a secret) between you and I... No girl wants a BROKE guy.

• Don't think about "should." Just do what you think feels right at the time, and if it doesn't work out jump to the next option.